Ronni Nicole - sizing advice.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nicky-j

Registered Shopper
I'm quite interested by some of the Ronni Nicole dresses (ignoring the barrage of abuse here, okay?) but am curious about some of the sizing. The measurements for sizes come out a lot smaller than the respective sizes in other dress ranges on QVC. For example, one softer fitting RN dress sized 20 has a bust size of 43 inches and a hip of 48 whereas similar dresses in other ranges have those measurements a couple of inches bigger at each point. I know that on one of the shows Catherine & Ouida stated that the measurements were a bit looser than that (the measurement being taken straight across, and not accounting for darting etc,) and that we should pay more attention to the size than the measurement, but does anyone know if this is true? I can wear a 20 M&S, and Tiana B for that matter, so would a 20 RN work?

I have some RN dresses and I am a standard M&S size 12 in the bust (38"). RN size 12 fit me perfectly. I tried a 14 as I thought, going by their sizes on the TV, that a 12 would be too small. 14 was too big on me though. One point, as they do a lot of cross over bustlines and then have a band of fabric underneath the bust, if you do have a bit of weight there it might be worth going up a size in that style as the band tends not to stretch as much and you might find it a bit tight. Hope this helps :)

Hi,

I am currently an 18-20 and have a RN stretch velvet dress in a size 20.

It fits fine - tho it is rather figure-hugging and I do look as tho I have stepped out of a rap video in it!

Cheers,
karen

I agree, i normally take a size 10, but find that much too small with RN dresses, i bought a maxi dress and went for a size 12 which on other brands would be too big but in RN it is a good fit,otherwise i find them far too tight across the waist, :grin:

Hi,

I am currently an 18-20 and have a RN stretch velvet dress in a size 20.

It fits fine - tho it is rather figure-hugging and I do look as tho I have stepped out of a rap video in it!

Cheers,
karen

Hope you don"t mind Karen, but that quote made me laugh out loud, imagining a rap video. Thanks :sun:

What I find annoying is that RN sizes go up in 1" bust sizes, which is unheard of anywhere else, and an inch is nothing from one dress size to the next. I'm a 20 but really struggle with her designs. The couple I have bought I have cut out the slim lining anyway.

You'd think with the amount of larger women in the U.S their sizing would be more accurate.

I noticed on one of the shows there were comments from viewers and the presenter about wanting another size up which I think would bring the range in line with most other ranges on QVC. The sizes they read out always seem quite small compared to conventional sizing.

Latest posts

Back