Rieker hour - and Julia's still wearing those toe-posts!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
My title says it all, really.

Julia's fashion on Friday which features Rieker... so shoes and sandals. Julia is still wearing those black toe-post sandals.

I don't get how she can present the hour without wearing one of the styles being presented.

That's convenient, isn't it? I'm being very cynical - I'm sure they would have made the effort to get one of the styles in a size that would fit Julia.

I like Julia, but sometimes she does live up to the Queen Julia moniker.

She probably didn't like any of the hideous feminist shoes and didn't want to wear them.

She was obviously aware that it was bad form, because she kept up a constant stream of excuses and explanations for the whole hour.

Being kind to Julia for a moment: when they put together the schedule, you'd think that the production team at QVC would have made darn sure there was at least one style destined for the show in a size suitable for Julia to wear.

I know I get annoyed when in a jewellery show the rings are always miles too big for model, presenter and guest so they never sit properly. they must send down size Q when all the models would be a J or K at most.

I think I read that they always send down a size 7. That's likely because with tall models that's a size they are likely to be. Bad as it is to see them with boats on their feet (too wide, if not too long) pity the poor girls whose feet are larger and are still required to force their feet into the shoes.

I think Julia desperately needs another footwear option than those toe-posts. It looks like her toes are falling over the edges of them, besides which they just stick out like a sore thumb with anything she wears. However difficult her feet are (high arches, dancers toes etc, there has to be more attractive alternatives to the t-ps which are at least as comfortable.

I know I get annoyed when in a jewellery show the rings are always miles too big for model, presenter and guest so they never sit properly. they must send down size Q when all the models would be a J or K at most.

Maybe this is to cater for having DF doing the shows, or one of the guys. I'm sure I've occasionally seen Dale putting rings on his pinkie finger, and Debbie has not only "hobbit" feet, but very large hands and wrists.

I don't buy the 'I've got dancers feet' excuse that JR spouts about. Darcy Bussel was a dancer and she wears beautiful shoes, and I'm sure lots of ex. Dancers do.

I think we will all agree that JR is on a more than decent salary (and book royalties) so why FGS can't she pay to have a couple of shoes hand made to fit whatever foot problems she may have. I know I would rather than having to spend my entire life in either a pair of Emu or BLACK toe posts . I looked at this option some years ago and they weren't as expensive as you might expect but it was not possible for me to travel for fittings.

Julia had polio as a child and struggled to be a dancer against the odds. Although I have no issues with my feet whatsoever, I have to say that I adore flip flops (sorry can't stand the term "toe posts") they may not be pretty all the time but for me they are far and away the most comfortable shoe-style ever. I use them as slippers and the moment spring arrives I live in them. I hate "hot" feet even in winter and love having air on my feet and letting them breathe. With a pedi and nail polish flip flops look quite pretty too... as long as you look after your feet :)

Latest posts

Back