returning several items in one parcel with Hermes - query

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

reflexgirl

Registered Shopper
I seem to recall that this has been discussed before in a previous thread but I was just wondering if the general consensus of opinion is that it is ok to return 4 or 5 items (clothes), in there original packaging with return label, in another qvc bag via Hermes.
Has anyone successfully done this, does it create problems or do QVC tell you off!!:grin:

My lovely Hermes chap told me that as long as the pick is booked for one QVC parcel (ie paid for by the customer or booked by QVC on their behalf) then he can take any number of QVC parcels. Might be worth a try, he took one set of bedding that QVC booked as a pick up and took a second parcel that I was about to email them about and both have been refunded. He gave me a receipt for each parcel.

Usually the best plan for sending multiples returns is to use a plain box with each item packaged separately with its own bar coded return label as these are scanned on receipt back at the warehouse. If you use one label on the outer box they may only scan that and will have no record of the other items plus you'll only have 1 proof of posting rather than 4 separate ones.

By far the best way is Parcelforce consignment at the Post office; I recently exceeded my personal best by sending back 17 parcels for just under £15, insured up to £100 and 48 hour guaranteed delivery, fully trackable. The equivalent of Royal Mail Special Delivery (but 48 instead of 24 hours). It complies with Q's requirement for separate packages and they qualify as a consignment as long as they all go to the same post code. The same parcels sent 2nd class signed for (recorded delivery as was so not trackable) would have need £3.70 each (or £4.10 each to get them there in 2 working days) so it's a no brainer. Also coupled with cancelling under DSR it's cost me very little to check out these items.

I'm risking "the Letter" but I'll survive and they'll lose a fairly good customer!

I used to do it via the Post Office.....always with individual items wrapped separately and with their own barcodes INSIDE the big parcel and never had a problem.

I sent my 1st Hermes parcel last week and he stuck a barcode on parcel (alongside the QVC return label) and zapped it with his zapper (!!) before he left my house.....

If there had been several things inside, I imagine QVC might have argued that one zap = one returned item (but only IF they screwed up the returns when the parcel was opened obviously).

I would worry it might give leeway for some dodgy dealings and non-refunds.

Exactly; there used to be sorry tales on here of one refund and Q claiming they'd only had that single package; but if you have an amenable Hermes chap he'll accept a couple of extra separate parcels on the strength of one paid for pick up and mine stuck a separate barcode on each box and scanned them so I had a receipt for each. There's no advantage in packing a couple of returns in a single box to return via Hermes, cos that'd be asking for trouble and the separate boxes will be trackable individually at no extra cost.

Surely Britain's second most trusted brand would NEVER do you out of a refund????????

Well giving them the benefit of the doubt (which I rarely do) they make no secret of the fact that their archaic pedestrian systems require each parcel to arrive separately. We know they don't read the comments on the return slips and the scanning of the label kicks off the refund process, so the best approach is to adhere to their stupid requirements whilst spending as little as possible.

If you can provide a proof of posting for each item you're fine because they will generally refund on production of this even if the item is lost in their system. The Parcel Force consignment method has a parcelforce barcode added to each parcel and an itemised receipt given with each barcode on it. PF will scan these again when they deliver to QVC and record their delivery as "signed for" by the returns staff, so if any of my bulk return isn't refunded then I can prove it's been sent and PF can prove QVC have received it. Using the stuff-em-in-a-box method you don't have that reassurance. Equally if we can return multiple parcels on a single paid Hermes return (it might just be my Hermes bloke doing me a favour) we also get a scanned receipt for each package for £3.65!

I`m having to return some bedding ( I ordered the wrong size my own fault should have checked with son first what size !!) that isn`t heavy enough for QVC to arrange collection I phoned customer services and according to them the PO charge will be just over £11
I was told I can arrange a Hermes collection or take it to a pick up point..... one problem you need a printer which I haven`t got !! Nothing is ever as simple as it seems is it?
Will have to get a friend to do it for me :( Apparently you need a bar code individual to you to be scanned on its return ...... Whatever is wrong with my name address and membership number That should be individual enough surely!!

I recently sent them a rather large box, with about eight separate packages inside, and all seems ok, so far. As they've stated that the cost is for up to 15 kgs, I assumed it was ok to batch-return. Helluvalot cheaper than the post office, and so handy. I also use Hermes for my ebay sales; it's a wonderful invention!

I've started using Hermes to send items as they have recently opened a dropoff point in my local 24 hour shop. Very good but you do need a printer. Saves me a £1 if I walk down there rather than the courier coming to pick it up from my house.
Much better than queuing up at my local post office.

Latest posts

Back