Renovate

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

juliewilb

Registered Shopper
Good morning
Got the LD TSV, pleased , but I am unsure how to use the renovate heres what I think I understand.
Buff with side 1 of buffer

Apply renovate and massage in until "slip" is gone

buff with side 2 of buffer.

I do understand that but how often should I be using it / using side 1 of buffer? On the instruction it says only once every 2-3 months but side 2 can be used daily with the renovate.

I thought it could be used daily for 2 weeks as an intensive treatment. I did try and listen on sunday or maybe I fell asleep at some point or I am daft !

Thanks in anticipation.

I only saw a little bit of the presentations because I was away and havent used renovate before
but the instructions say to use side 1 if you have ridged cracked and flaking at the tip BEFORE you
put the renovate on.
The small presentation that I did see Leighton said something about once a month and was
quickly corrected by the presenter and he then did say every 3 months
which it says in the instructions is to treat new growth only
Not sure thats any help to you but I am sure someone who has used it will confirm

Yes you only use the rough side once every couple of months, but the buffing side as often as you like. The 14 day treatment is twice a day (using number one side only once) with no nail colour. You can use renovate over colour too but if you're using it on bare nails, wait a good few hours before painting else it will peel off. Use as and when as a 'maintenance' for decent nails.

What you are doing is exactly right, juliewilb. I have been using Renovate on and off for a few years now and I swear by it but actually I didn't realise until quite recently that you are only supposed to use the dark grey Refine side of the buffer every 3 months or so (and LD did confirm that on the shows at the weekend, yes). I imagine it's because it takes off the nail surface, albeit it only lightly, so the cream can really penetrate. But you don't want to do that very often. To be honest, before I realised, I was using the Refine side every other week and it has not harmed my nails as far as I can see. I have stopped that now, though, and only use it every 2-3 months, very lightly.

Another thing to mention, which I think LD only touched on very briefly and you may have missed, is make sure the cream is all very well rubbed in before you use the white (2. Shine) side of the buffer. In fact, I leave my nails a bit and do other things while the cream absorbs or wears off a bit. If you buff too soon, not only will the cream be wasted by going into the buffer, but you won't get that nice shine you get from buffing and the buffer itself will become unusable very quickly as it will go all greasy and lose its suede-like texture. The tube of cream will last you absolutely ages because you use just a tiny dot, but the buffer will need replacing early if you don't do the above.

I love Renovate, I am on a lot of medication and it has totally destroyed my nails, they were down to the quick and flaking. I tried lots of other products (opi nail envy made them worse) and nothing worked, I then tried renovate and within a month or so I had lovely long nails which I had to file to keep down!
I continue to use it every or every other day. The tube is small but lasts months and months. I started wearing lots of nail varnishes last month so my nails were covered and I wasn't using the renovate. After a few weeks of this, my nails started to fall apart again, flake and break, so I am now back on a full renovate regime and my nails are starting to grow nicely. I don't really use the buffer in my regime at all, or very rarely.

I use Renovate intensively for a day or so to let my nails recover between the Redcarpet Manicure gel nail polish applications. I use it frequently after I have removed the Redcarpet Manicure gel nail polish all that day ie remove all the nail gel, apply small blob of Renovate to each nail and buff in with the white side of the buffer. A couple of hours later apply Renovate again and use white side of buffer, apply again before going to bed using white side of the buffer. Wake up apply it again and buff in etc and then when I can't bear seeing my naked nails anymore I start the Redcarpet Manicure gel application process.

So does that mean you can't use it if you're wearing nail polish?
I tend to wear polish most of the time to protect my nails as they break so easily. Even if the polish just gets chipped I find the nail breaks at the end where the polish has gone before I can repair it.
Will it help at all to apply it to the cuticle or is it just for using on bare nails?

I love the TSV which came yesterday but was out most of Sunday & didn't watch the instructions.

Thank you for all your replys and advice. Gosh only using infrequently I will have loads left because of the auto delivery. Will use on my toe nails as well. Now they are a different story !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So does that mean you can't use it if you're wearing nail polish?
I tend to wear polish most of the time to protect my nails as they break so easily. Even if the polish just gets chipped I find the nail breaks at the end where the polish has gone before I can repair it.
Will it help at all to apply it to the cuticle or is it just for using on bare nails?

I love the TSV which came yesterday but was out most of Sunday & didn't watch the instructions.

If you want to apply polish after renovating LD usually says to leave it between 4-6 hrs.

You can also apply renovate over your polish(once it's dry) to help protect the polish. I've never tried this yet but some people I know have and say it works. As you have the TSV use the slick tips, as often as you can, around the cuticles. I've never tried renovate around the cuticle. I use remove
and rectify as a cuticle remover and as a conditioner every evening.

On the instructions It says

"RENOVATE Maintenance Programme
Unpainted Nails: Use RENOVATE cream once a day in the morning or at night
Painted Nails: Use RENOVATE cream every time polish is removed.
RENOVATE can also be applied daily to the cuticle at the base where new nail grows"

Latest posts

Back