Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

At the time IW2 was in trouble towards the end, Sports Direct took interests/loans guarantees from IW2 owners assets/business.

Do we know if Sports Direct made money, a loss, or got their cash back?

I may be misunderstanding, but TJC did not buy out IW2, only the assets they wanted from the administrator, so no deal direct with Sports Direct.

Only what the administrator would have given Sports Direct as a prime creditor on the initial remaining IW2 assets after it went into administration, or after TJC purchased some assets, some or all of the cash from that purchase of assets may have gone to Sports Direct's outstanding lien (loan charge)?
In the last part Sports Direct actually were the lettors of the building and Ideal World lived in it. As I understand it we owed them some amount of money a few months before the collapse, and as we could not pay they accepted shares in the company which took them to 49% ownership.

I don't fully understand the business arrangements but they did have significant interest - I suspect they were fooled (unintentionally, I might add) into believing they would recoup their investment. The popular staff opinion was that Hamish was keen to make his money back by selling to Frasers group, but they weren't that interested. As we now now, Lonsdale tracksuits don't please the viewing masses...

In terms of the financials my understanding now is that there won't be any money left for anyone to receive a return once debts have been taken into consideration so it's not that likely that SD will have made a success of it. However they are not stupid and I'm sure have their backs covered, not that it would have been a massive bet for them.

If you believe the local press the issues behind finding a new tenant for the building stem from the massive amount of car parking space that is at the front of the building which is not suitable to use for anything other than a car park according to planning regulations. That coupled with the fact that there are two TV Studios that nobody needs, makes the majority of the building a big waste of money. I believe the owners are seeking a change to these regulations which would mean they can redevelop the site with less parking.

Same shi…different day..Mason flogging flasks…Same repetitive analogies. Same dodgy texts - Quincy?? All so tedious…Horatio Nelson scent later. Is that the one that smells of the sea and broken biscuits?
It will also give you scurvy 🤣. Batteries again now - there is no end to the crap and tat here 😳

Batteries 🤣….just one minor point Mikey,if you will,the expiry date is slightly important(not that I want that crap).
Maybe they expire before 11th Jan so you won’t get your money back???? No,that’s me being cynical. Don’t know why?

Anyway,why did our friend Michael pay £5.50 for 4 batteries when he could have bought these last time,and the time before,and the time before yawn🥱

Anyway,just to add that I understand those batteries are not very good and that is why you need 32..last 5 minutes but in fairness he’s had loadsa folks emailing him asking for them🥱🤣🤣🤮
I can understand the emails because it's very difficult to find a shop that sells them🙄.

Has he said what the email address is? No? Thought not. Maybe Charlie or the work experience children who read this would like to let us know where we can email him. Or you could admit that there are no emails and it's all a load of crap.

I’m on the edge of my seat because coming up is the perfume EVERYBODY is talking about.
Yes! Horatio London!

Well yes,I mean,I was in the local ‘Asdas’(Masonism) and all the talk changed from Gammon to Horatio and on the bus.
Even the local history society were talking of it rather than Horatio Nelson(maybe wrong there but you get my drift)

So Gang,Gammon is now old news 😔

Looking at Horatio Nelson, strange company, wholesaler, registered address is a house in London, been going 6 years was called something else before but didn't do anything. New guy takes over, doesn't have any employees, doesn't make any money by the looks of his accounts each of the past 6 years has aprox £200,000 in assets but is due creditors £230,000 each year. Must be desperate so that's why it's appearing on IW.

I’m a nurse, I didn’t get any money awarded after Covid, although I did catch it 4 times. I told my neighbours not to clap as a recognised death toll of over 200000 plus is nothing to be proud of - let alone the deaths caused by lack of availability to see clinicians and postponed operations. I sat with people who were dying of covid and couldn’t have their family with them. I don’t want to be clapped, I don’t even want a pay rise - it is my choice to be a nurse and I am proud to do so.
You are greatly appreciated thank you.
If you can't find the source, best not to make the quote. As I said the idea that 1 in 4 pensioners are millionaires is pie in the sky. Nobody apart from Labour lackeys believe that.

There was no special pay award for nurses regarding covid though they certainly deserved one. Like I said means test for winter fuel allowance but start with those on the higher tax band. That would be far fairer than pulling the plug across the board as they have done. And it will capture all the "millionaires"! The reality is millions will suffer. Many will die. They don't give a tinker's cuss. None of these people are working class not like the old days when we had miners and steel workers in parliament. Most of them are lawyers or bankers if they have done any proper jobs at all.

The budget will be more bad news especially for the lower paid. Fuel duty will increase because this is a metropolitan government who think everyone should be using buses and bikes. Thus motorists will be attacked next and used as a cash cow as sure as day follows night. You don't have to be Einstein.

I don't like the way the country is going but thank goodness we have Ideal World who will help us with all our little problems by offering useful products at the lowest prices. Mike Mason is our friend "in the business" and is only interested in our welfare. Hence his offer of a fan heater in lieu of the winter fuel allowance and why not buy two? What a diamond geezer he is.
While heartedly agree, we could however save lots of money if we didn't have so many overseas visitors they will not be worried about heating costs!!!

Latest posts

Back