Votes: 18 72.0%
  • Petite Range Not Needed

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Dont Mind

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters

littlepen

Registered Shopper
I thought I would let everyone know, I am sending a personal letter to QVC, to ask, why they do not do a Petite Range in their clothing, as most major chain stores do now, If any one has any comments to add in the letter, perhaps you could let me know, as they accomadate from small to triple xxl, so really cant see why they can not accomadate for people like me under 5ft. pm me if you would like to add a comment, and will let you know what the reply will be.Or perhaps I should start my own range and sell on QVC :tongue2:

Truth? I cannot see it happening, they would have to get rid of the usual suspects which keeps QVC going. The clothes are mainly from USA suppliers and they just go with what is sold on QVC US. Kim & Co and Michele Hope are the only two not sold on QVC US. I am going to mention the recession now. QVC won't invest in something unproven in the current climate. They are pulling in the drawbridge and sticking with what sells at the moment. Hence all the repeat TSVs with brands and items that sell either here or on QVC US.

I do not work in the clothing industry so no idea how complicated it is to shorten some of the pieces. But littlepen, I get trousers from landsend as you can specify which length you want and they hem them. Bit pricy, but if you get to look in the sale section you can pick up some excellent bargains, like cord trousers and jeans for £6.90, hemmed to your specification. You just have to keep looking though.:wave2:

I thought I would let everyone know, I am sending a personal letter to QVC, to ask, why they do not do a Petite Range in their clothing, as most major chain stores do now, If any one has any comments to add in the letter, perhaps you could let me know, as they accomadate from small to triple xxl, so really cant see why they can not accomadate for people like me under 5ft. pm me if you would like to add a comment, and will let you know what the reply will be.Or perhaps I should start my own range and sell on QVC :tongue2:

I have already done this, and have posted several times on this topic before!

I think QVC really do need to think about doing this, a petite range of fashion that say started at size 6 and went upward would be great. I find it so hard to get any nice clothes to fit me at all, and stick to the same boring things I've had for years from Next petite (nothing wrong with them though, just get bored of them). Every so often they get T-Callers asking for more size 6 or petite clothes, and it never seems to happen though...

I agree they do need to cater for petite also, or even a childrens range as well.

Given that their sizes are completely out of whack (38" chest in a xs?!) I doubt they will go for a petite range. What they really need to do is get some proper sizing in place and maybe do some garments in different lengths (although that would probably cause you problems with sleeves - I have the opposite problem being tall - most things are too short in the leg / sleeve / body). QVC clearly have a fan base who buy their wonky sized clothing and I cannot see them changing to get more people on board.

Good luck though!

I think I've heard designers when customers have rung asking for petite sizes that they have it in hand.
:flower:

When I first discovered QVC, I sent for quite a lot of clothing across the ranges. Being an XS, I expected an average size 8 fitting...silly me..soon found QVC's idea of XS is around a size 12!
What is it with their weird sizing? :sad:

When I first discovered QVC, I sent for quite a lot of clothing across the ranges. Being an XS, I expected an average size 8 fitting...silly me..soon found QVC's idea of XS is around a size 12!
What is it with their weird sizing? :sad:

This is so true...

I'm an XS, and have ordered stuff from ranges like Centigrade - some of their XS chest sizes are 37 inches - whereas some are 42 inches, what's with that? Surely there shouldn't be so much of a discrepancy with chest sizing in one range. It's the same with ranges such as Casual and Co too, really have to watch them. Ordered two lovely shirts from them over the last two weeks, they're exactly right on the chest, 36 inches in XS - but some of their shirts are again 39,40, 42 inches on the XS Chest.

Then you've got Butler and Wilson, who I would have to order a small or medium in his clothes as the chest sizes are so tiny...

I ordered some Artscape tops in XS as they were described as being 34 inches in the chest, thinking they would be a nice fitted fit - when they got here they swamped me, so got sent straight back...there's something wrong there somewhere!

I think they do too.I can't ever buy any clothing for my Mum from QVC because she needs a 25 inch leg for trousers and a 25 inch length for skirts and all QVC trousers seem to be in the 30 - 32 length range, and all skirts are maxi on my Mum! :(

I think QVC really do need to think about doing this, a petite range of fashion that say started at size 6 and went upward would be great. I find it so hard to get any nice clothes to fit me at all, and stick to the same boring things I've had for years from Next petite (nothing wrong with them though, just get bored of them). Every so often they get T-Callers asking for more size 6 or petite clothes, and it never seems to happen though...

The problem is that QVC's clothing demograph seems to be older, unadventurous, large women. In fact the presenters' speil actually makes this clear if you listen carefully enough and read between the lines.

Latest posts

Back