QVC/John Lewis

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
was in John Lewis Cheadle yesterday (nice restaurant, had the quiche, 3 salads, cup of coffee and a tray-bake thank you)

anyway, its becoming like a branch of QVC. some of the products JL have jumped onto include

SBC
Liz Earle
L'Occy
Molton Brown
Lock and Lock
Philosophy
BE
EasyYo
Maggie Dabs
Ojon

QVC had better watch out, if JL start doing a 30 day MBG it could be the end!:sun:

Especially as JL do provide CS that QVC could only ever dream of providing, I've found JL 100% excellent!

I practically live in Peter Jones at Sloane Sq :wink: Noticed the other day that they have just started stocking SBC - tho' think their prices were higher than QVC. They did stock Lulu's Time Bomb, but that seems to have, well..... bombed, as it has been cleared off the shelves and remaining stock discounted in the sale.

They sell Bliss and Origins as well.

Yeah, but do the staff at JL congratulate you on your purchases and say 'Well done!' when you take your items to the till?

My nearest one also has Bobbi Brown - and you can view all the shades and the assistants are happy to help you try products and choose without shouting at you and saying literally every other word LOL

was in John Lewis Cheadle yesterday (nice restaurant, had the quiche, 3 salads, cup of coffee and a tray-bake thank you)

anyway, its becoming like a branch of QVC. some of the products JL have jumped onto include

SBC
Liz Earle
L'Occy
Molton Brown
Lock and Lock
Philosophy
BE
EasyYo
Maggie Dabs
Ojon

QVC had better watch out, if JL start doing a 30 day MBG it could be the end!:sun:

I was in JL Cheadle yesterday too. Didn't see you BB. Prices not much different really, and you get good advice and no £5 P&P to pay. No parking charges either.

OOh. we need John Lewis....thank you Suki. Anyway, back to the subject, I think that QVc modeled their departments on JL anyway. Not the other way round....

SBC
Liz Earle
L'Occy
Molton Brown
Lock and Lock
Philosophy
BE
EasyYo
Maggie Dabs
Ojon

But what kind of quiche was it....?

they do give a 14 day money back g and if you order via internet you are covered by long distance selling etc also as another poster has already said fee pp if you spend over £30 .....and by the time qvc get their items out tbh you are only looking at 14 days trail in some instances with them

When I bought some Prada perfume at J L , (the Iris one if anyone is interested, it's gorgoeous), the assistant gave me a load of freebies too, you wouldn't get that from QVC. I live in Nottingham and our J L store is great, filled with lovely things, and true it does stock a lot of preestigiouoos brands. Does good sales too, unlike Q.

AND....
Got an email from them a couple of weeks ago to say that they will now deliver to Greece!:mysmilie_378::flower::mysmilie_378:

I'll tell you where I see loads of QVC and even IW stuff turning up. TKMaxx, not just Peckenstiffs which has always been there from day one. Wild Organics suddenly appeared just after it disappeared from QVC. Leighton Denny kits,loads of Nails Inc,Gayle Hayman are regulars. Tova stuff as well a while back quite a lot of selection too. I had this funny feeling that QVC and IW sold on unwanted stock or something. Hey I even seen Smashbox Halo with no mini brush in the box, I was told only QVC sold it like this by someone who knows their Smashbox well.

They have been trying to build a John Lewis here for years but Lisburn traders keep putting in appeals.

Last edited:
Love John Lewis, it's my favourite store and on-line retailer. Tip, if they're out of stock on something in store, it's quicker for you to order it on-line yourself and have it delivered to the store than it is for them to order it for you.

I've also seen most of those brands in the OP in TKMaxx - I'm surprised Lulu hasn't ended up there by now.

Anyone remember Twiggy's skincare range she was trying to flog on QVC a few years back? I wonder if she still prepares it 'specially for herself with her expert chemists' even though no one else wanted to buy it. :giggle:

Latest posts

Back