QVC Getting The Arm In (Elemis Charity PCMC)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

donna255

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Yes, I am talking about this one

http://www.qvcuk.com/Elemis-Pink-10...ct.231122.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_--_-231122

http://www.elemis.com/breast-cancer-care-partnership/

The special 100mls PCMC with money from the sale going to breast cancer.

So its £99 that is the RRP for it. Yet QVC are charging £6.95 for shipping where as you go to an Elemis counter and buy for £99 or go online to Elemis and postage is free. Therefore QVC are making money for themselves from a product sold for charity.

It's the same with The Real Pie Company, their website offers free p&p yet QVC charge roughly £5.95, so they're getting £5.95 from each and every customer for doing sweet F.A. I've got to say though, making money from a charity is absolutely disgusting, QVC should hang their heads in shame, but as we all know, QVC and its employees don't have a good track record when it comes to honesty and charity, they're more selfish with dishonesty and lack of credibility.

It's the same with The Real Pie Company, their website offers free p&p yet QVC charge roughly £5.95, so they're getting £5.95 from each and every customer for doing sweet F.A. I've got to say though, making money from a charity is absolutely disgusting, QVC should hang their heads in shame, but as we all know, QVC and its employees don't have a good track record when it comes to honesty and charity, they're more selfish with dishonesty and lack of credibility.

Gower Cotage are the same, in fact the price overall is cheaper as well. I am always amazed by how people don't 'shop around', after all Q is always inviting us to do our research, are people really that lazy?

Gower Cotage are the same, in fact the price overall is cheaper as well. I am always amazed by how people don't 'shop around', after all Q is always inviting us to do our research, are people really that lazy?

I couldn't agree more YR. :mysmilie_3:

I don't think it's a case that people don't shop around out of laziness.
I think QVC are doing something worse, they are praying on those who do not have access to a computer to " shop around" or don't have the skills.

This is often the older generation who in a way become victims of QVC. I know nobody is forcing them to buy but if they have limited mobility or limited money when easy pays may be tempting, they are easy targets.

My husband was round his sisters the other day when a QVC parcel arrived. He came home and said I don't know why she keeps buying all that c**p as her home is stuffed full. I think it's down to boredom, not being able to get out much due to ill health and buying 'stuff' makes her happy for a nano second. Sad but that's the sort of person QVC prey on.

QVC also play on the people who are "used to" shopping with them, QVC is habit forming I say that because the next time you're about to buy something from QVC ask yourself this, if you was standing in a high street shop, would you hand over cash for what you're about to buy from QVC? more often than not it will be no, with QVC you don't feel like you're parting with money that's the problem, but in a shop you've got to get your card out, pop it in the machine, put your pin in, take it out, put it away again, or take out the money and hand it over, while all that's going on it feels very real and you also have the chance to think about it, and if you really do want it, which is a totally different way of shopping than the thrill of pressing a few buttons, then waiting with excitement for your parcel to come. I could be wrong but that's just my take on the habit forming QVC, which I'm lucky enough to have broke.

Plus if you buy it direct from Time to Spa for £99 and use code 3JUL17 you get 3 Elemis travel sizes because the order is over £80. Offer open until July 10Th and free delivery.
http://www.timetospa.co.uk/t-elemis-offer

Just tried to buy that Vienna, but at the checkout it refused the special code because its not relevant on a Special Edition item. boo hoo !!

The new Agatha Christie(written from the grave), The Mystery of The Missing Diamonique Crown!

Miss Marple tries to uncover the truth(which turns out to be stranger than fiction).

Available from Amazon, hardback or kindle.:tongue::thinking::cheeky:

The new Agatha Christie(written from the grave), The Mystery of The Missing Diamonique Crown!

Miss Marple tries to uncover the truth(which turns out to be stranger than fiction).

Available from Amazon, hardback or kindle.:tongue::thinking::cheeky:

(Proceeds going to QVC with 10% donated to the Q Authors Presenter Pension Fund)

:mysmilie_50:

Thanks for that Toots -. ordering now !!

Brissles you have just made my day!!! After all the useful information & great tips that I have benefited from by, at first, lurking on this site & then finally joining in (albeit sporadically) I feel I have finally made a contribution :mysmilie_8:

Latest posts

Back