QVC Get your facts correct.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Or stop lying.

Twice in the last day, I've heard presenters say that the market price for gold is currently the highest it has ever been. Sorry, that simply isn't true; gold has been following a downward trend for many months, and you don't have to be a Wall Street trader to know it. Take a look at this Forex chart for the last 12 months from the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business/market_data/commodities/11631/twelve_month.stm

Highest ever? Bah.

It's particularly galling that they're crowing and patting themselves on the back about how good they are for keeping their retail prices down for us! What utter bulls......

Quite right Moth in fact the price of gold no longer justifies the prices charged for the pitiful amount in their jewelery. Bring back the days where you could get a proper amount of gold with the weight stated. Dream on, I tell myself. If what the presenters say is true I wonder how much they buy the scrap jewelery for through their "partners" Gold Redemption?

Last year about this time i got rid of aload of scrap/broken gold jewellery, wasn't much but got £200 for it. This year from the same place and for the same stuff i would have only gotten £147, £50 (almost) less! Highest prices - i don't think so.

There's a difference between stretching the truth and saying something that is completely untrue. You should draw attention to this, Moth, either by email or on their FB page. I think they'd be more obliged to answer on the FB page as it's in public. And if they don't answer and carry on saying it you should report them to Advertising or Trading Standards, whichever is more appropriate. Saying this when it isn't true is conning people less in the know into buying. Wouldn't mind betting that most of the presenters are just repeating what they're told and don't know it's not true either.

The price of gold has fallen but the price of jewellery hasn`t. Not just on Q but also in stores. They`re still telling people that gold prices are through the roof and getting away with it.

To be fair, and I am not one to stick up for Q, they must be selling stock that was produced when the prices were high. they must fall eventually, says she hopefully. I do love gold.

I get what you are saying Ruthmay but when prices were high they almost stopped selling gold altogether and increased silver and tat jewelery instead.

Latest posts

Back