Qvc food

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

diamonds

Registered Shopper
Would love to know what you think of qvc food .which brands are good and which to steer clear from .I got food few times but honestly every time it was let down ,taste and price included .I know each ones taste is different but still can get an honest opinion .

the pies.. were the worse pies you could possibly buy. one cube of chicken with a teaspoon of very bland sauce. none had any taste and were very small. the popcorn is ok but you can get it anywhere now even aldis sell this range. i refuse to buy the meat as i live near supermarkets and the tiny pieces dont look like vfm

I once bought Beechs chocolate creams from Q, I think there were 6 boxes but then I discovered 8 boxes for more or less the same price on Beechs own website plus when I registered on their site they gave me a discount code. I haven`t bought any lately though.

Gower Cottage brownies are lovely, yes they aren't cheap but they are delicious and very attractively packaged. I would buy directly from the company though as I would assume they make more money from direct sales than QVC sales.

The likes of pies, people must know that there are pies baked for going on air therefore "crammed to the crust" and there are pies that are for the QVC customer where all those orders are apparently done by hand and end up not being "crammed to the crust. Also never in a million years would I take out a small mortgage for a cake in a tin, some cheese and pickle and a handful of popcorn.

A slight change of subject, but my local rag had a video inside Burts crisp factory today.

It is huge, and almost fully automated, with a very long conveyor-type fryer.

So how can they get away with calling them (in large letters) "HAND COOKED" on every bag???

Shades of QVC hype, methinks.

A slight change of subject, but my local rag had a video inside Burts crisp factory today.

It is huge, and almost fully automated, with a very long conveyor-type fryer.

So how can they get away with calling them (in large letters) "HAND COOKED" on every bag???

Shades of QVC hype, methinks.

I'll guess that someone has to switch on the automated system by hand...:mysmilie_17:

I am quite surprised at the posts regarding pies as I have ordered a TSV & a crumble selection from The Real Pie Company & were impressed with both! I am not a pie lover but my Prince is & the pies were exactly as they appear on TV- crammed to the crust. The pastry was delicious & I did try a few & enjoyed them. The crumbles were ordered to encourage my appetite during illness & they were full of fruit & not sickly sweet. Gower Cottage is a favourite in my house although I do order directly from Gower & have spoken to Kate herself on the phone who processed my order. My latest food order was Melefsis honey which is beautiful Greek honey. I always bring as much home as I can from my Greek holidays but sadly it doesn't last long so I'm chuffed to bits I can have a taste of Greece from QVC. I have never had any issues with sending things back or getting a refund on anything including food. I tend to order from QVC when I want to try something different but am unsure as I know I have the money back guarantee.

:mysmilie_15:
I'll guess that someone has to switch on the automated system by hand...:mysmilie_17:

Hmm..even that could probably be programmed to come on at a specific time.Suppose they would need an enormous chip pan to cater for the 'demand'if they were all really hand cooked.As usual Q thinks we're all daft and imagine lots of people sweating over chip pans and labouriously peeling,slicing,frying,drying,salting and flavouring bits of spud for the delectation of its customers.:mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:

I have ordered Gower Cottage brownies which are absolutely fantastic but I ordered direct and they arrived within 2 days really great service obviously because QVC were not involved :mysmilie_17:
The other company I have purchased from is Donald Russell butchers again I ordered direct from their website and what a great range of products they have on offer, not cheap but oh so good!
If you order a catalogue you will receive a complimentary 20% off coupon and free delivery on your first order. Going direct you can choose smaller individual portions to try the food you fancy.
You can pick your own delivery date and the items come really well packaged.
My real favourites are the slow cooked Jacobs Ladder beef ribs and the bramley apple pies are fantastic.
http://www.donaldrussell.com/

I've had several deliveries of Calico Cottage fudge kits. Good fun to make, adding your own flavours, and tastes pretty good too.

I think it's all subjective, isn't it? We love the Simple Simon's pies (although, we too, usually buy direct). But we haven't tried the Real Pies since we are pescatarian and they don't particularly cater for the non-meat-eater. For the same reasons we can't speak for the butchery (although we have a friend in the wholesale meat business and he knows a few of the people who have supplied QVC, all of whom he rates. He also says that QVC have VERY high standards when it comes to customer reactions and suppliers are only allowed a VERY low ratio of returns before they are cut loose. I agree that the Calico Cottage is terrific. I've also tried some of the bakes and cakes (Betty Bakes and Original Cake Company) and like them too. I do bake regularly, but it's good to have 'something in' I can rely upon for a good standard.

The only food items I've ever had from QVC are Easiyo and Calico Cottage fudge (fudge is a staple food as far as I'm concerned!). I still love both, though I haven't seen Calico Cottage on Q for ages and I definitely would not buy Easiyo from Q any more as it works out horrendously expensive (and I've now discovered the wonderful Lakeland thanks to someone on here (Akimbo?) pointing out an amazing Easiyo offer a while back).

Just picking up on the "hand made" epithet, not food but does anyone remember the former Nails Inc guest, Heather, saying the shaped pieces of glitter in a bottle of polish were "individually hand cut"?! She said it several times and no-one ever questioned it!

I think QVC is great for introducing us to new brands, but when you do find a brand you like it makes sense to cultivate a direct relationship... That way you get the quantity and combination of flavours you actually want. Happily the food so far is a mainly British / Irish thing, so QVC are featuring brands catering to British tastes. I hope that continues with British and Irish brands championed and brought to our attention.

I have mainly bought chocolates. I bought Beeches after they were flagged up on here, directly from the brand. I'd not have been aware of them if not for this forum and QVC. I bought Thornton's while they were on QVC.

The only food items I've ever had from QVC are Easiyo and Calico Cottage fudge (fudge is a staple food as far as I'm concerned!). I still love both, though I haven't seen Calico Cottage on Q for ages and I definitely would not buy Easiyo from Q any more as it works out horrendously expensive (and I've now discovered the wonderful Lakeland thanks to someone on here (Akimbo?) pointing out an amazing Easiyo offer a while back).

Just picking up on the "hand made" epithet, not food but does anyone remember the former Nails Inc guest, Heather, saying the shaped pieces of glitter in a bottle of polish were "individually hand cut"?! She said it several times and no-one ever questioned it!

Andi keep your eyes open for Holland and Barrett offers, they often have Easiyo buy one get one half price promotion with free p&p over £20, and you collect points too which you can collect and get even more money off. They've got the 1p promotion running at the mo. http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/

Andi keep your eyes open for Holland and Barrett offers, they often have Easiyo buy one get one half price promotion with free p&p over £20, and you collect points too which you can collect and get even more money off. They've got the 1p promotion running at the mo. http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/

Yes, thanks shopperholic. I do pop in to the H&B shop but seem to keep missing the best offers. I'll have to have a look online, as you suggest. Actually, I have quite a lot of Easiyo in store at the moment but if that 1p promo includes Easiyo, I might treat myself to some different flavours. Thank you.

Yes, thanks shopperholic. I do pop in to the H&B shop but seem to keep missing the best offers. I'll have to have a look online, as you suggest. Actually, I have quite a lot of Easiyo in store at the moment but if that 1p promo includes Easiyo, I might treat myself to some different flavours. Thank you.

Aw you're welcome Andi, I'm the same though I sometimes miss the promotion, but if I catch the 1p flash sale I'll let you know. :mysmilie_3:

I've had the Green Seasons Christmas hampers and they've been fine. I also like the mixed grills and buy them regularly. I once bought the fancy popcorn and it was awful, really claggy in the mouth. Gave all that away to folk at work who did seem to get rid of them quite quickly so maybe it was just me that didn't go for them.

CC

Latest posts

Back