Quotable quotes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I hope others will add to this, as and when they hear "quotable quotes" from presenters or guests, desperately trying to make a sale.

Currently watching the "Bose expert" showing a Mini Soundlink Speaker at £170 (-8P).

QUOTE: "But it doesn't actually cost £170 because if you have 4 people in the family who listen to it then you can divide that price by 4!"

Shall I ring up QVC and ask to buy one for £42-50?

BTW I have 2 of them, mine cost about £135 each, obviously NOT from QVC, and had free pp.

I hope others will add to this, as and when they hear "quotable quotes" from presenters or guests, desperately trying to make a sale.

Currently watching the "Bose expert" showing a Mini Soundlink Speaker at £170 (-8P).

QUOTE: "But it doesn't actually cost £170 because if you have 4 people in the family who listen to it then you can divide that price by 4!"

Shall I ring up QVC and ask to buy one for £42-50?

BTW I have 2 of them, mine cost about £135 each, obviously NOT from QVC, and had free pp.

So if you've got two of them you can divide the price by eight ! Even cheaper and 50% saving on the 2nd p&p - you must be quids in.

Her wots gone to China must have left a copy of the training manual so we don't miss her too much.

Don't know if this qualifies, but Chuntley has not quoted her weight loss lately, apart from her looking like she's auditioning for a part in ABBA, she looks like she's put a slight bit if weight back on, her face looks a bit chubbier to what it was a couple of months ago................oops how the high and mighty have fallen.

Don't know if this qualifies, but Chuntley has not quoted her weight loss lately, apart from her looking like she's auditioning for a part in ABBA, she looks like she's put a slight bit if weight back on, her face looks a bit chubbier to what it was a couple of months ago................oops how the high and mighty have fallen.

Maybe she gorged on a whole box of Diet Chef granola bars in one night, having been on a near starvation diet to maintain her cinched-in 20 inch waist.

'QVC voted 3rd most trusted brand in Britain

We beat the likes of Amazon, Virgin Atlantic and Waitrose to be named the third most trusted brand in a recent customer insights poll, proving we are a force to be reckoned with and a brand our customers can trust'.

Wonder who they asked or which Facebook page they polled?

That's funny that because everyone I know love Amazon and trust them the most, must've been in the wrong place at the wrong time when they conducted the poll. Last year they were second and was banging on about it every two seconds, especially Chuntley, I suspect they'll be fourth next year and it won't be mentioned at all.

In any business, if there are awards and surveys where a good performance will enhance your reputation, you will research what you need to do to do well, and then put the effort in to take the necessary actions.

I dare say with all the various fb groups, twitter followers etc, they will spread the word to prime potential participants. Some surveys will be self-selecting (anybody motivated can take part), and other surveys will go to a specifically selected population.

Personally, whenever I see such statistics bandied around, I want to know as a minimum: who conducted the survey (and on behalf of whom), who participated in the survey, how many people were surveyed.

If I read that milk is the best drink, I'd give it a lot less credence if it came out of a study or survey sponsored by a company marketing dairy products. Sometimes it's not obvious that someone with a particular agenda is directly involved...

Totally agree Maymorganlondon. I am still waiting to be asked to take part in the polls they harp on about during a general election.

Latest posts

Back