Questioned on returns?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bunch of honey

Registered Shopper
Anybody else taken a phone call from the Q, questioning them on the amount of returns they have made and why? Apparently, I have returned 52% of my purchases and they would like to know why. When I explained that my returns are beauty products that never live up to the sales pitch and I am stupid enough to take the advice from the presenters, that if your not sure, order, try it and make the most of the no quibble money back if not suitable! Did not really get an answer to that one but they are sending me a letter!!!!! Not sure what the letter will say, perhaps advising me not to listen to presenters or fall for the c##p they spout?

There are a couple of threads about "the Letter" if you search this forum. I'd say if you're unhappy with their summary of your telephone conversation in the follow-up letter then you'll find some ideas about questioning how they measure these returns. Mind you no one really knows how they measure the returns (it might include faulty items) nor the period of time monitored i.e. is it a calendar yer or a rolling 12 months?

You are not alone!

Smacks of quibbling doesn't it!

Yes very strange when the presenters are urging you to buy buy buy. But then letter will tell you to perhaps consider before buying.:mysmilie_14:

They were flogging the 30MBG even more than normal during beauty weekend! The very products you're more likely to send back!

I am going to have to stop reading these MBG/Returns/Letter threads because my blood pressure goes through the roof every time. The sheer cheek of them! And as for when the returns were never delivered in the first place!!! I must go and have a cup of tea and a lie down now.

All these threads make me all the more determined not to spend with Q.

Yes I had the phonecall about 6 months ago.My return rate was the magic 52% apparently as well.The phonecall came after I had returned a few items that I had bought in my summer school holidays - mostly clothes - and I explained to QVC that none of them actually fitted so why would I not return them.They sent me out a "helpful" letter with all the size guides on it to help me with future purchases.

I did receive The Letter some years ago and it really did upset me at the time.After I had had The Phonecall in the summer I really don't feel anything.I rarely buy from QVC these days - Kipling is the only reason really.It does grate on me slightly that if I buy 3 things a year and send those 3 things back thats a 100% return rate......I feel thats a bit unfair to lump in with those that buy lots of things...use and abuse them and then send them back.....but hey ho.

I know I'm like a broken record but QVC do not stand the ££loss of returns, the vendors do!

Also returned clothes and handbags etc are resold so again all that QVC looses are the admin costs relating to that sale and return; and their cut of the profit if it's an item that can't be sent out to another buyer who thinks they're buying a "bran new" item! Grrrr!

I know I'm like a broken record but QVC do not stand the ££loss of returns, the vendors do!

Also returned clothes and handbags etc are resold so again all that QVC looses are the admin costs relating to that sale and return; and their cut of the profit if it's an item that can't be sent out to another buyer who thinks they're buying a "bran new" item! Grrrr!

and to add to the broken record, every returned item is classed as a return, rather than one of the many reasons it could be returned other than the 30 day MBG - faulty, DSR, etc! argh!

One more reason NOT to buy from them, I gave up when my QVC bill was larger than my food bill! If I see something on there I fancy, I start looking around the "dreaded" high street, ebay and amazon. So really all I watch them for is entertainment and as an extended advert for something I can probably live without in the long run!!!!

Also, on the delivery front, I wanted a small carpet cleaner and found one in Argos. Ordered 3.30pm on Monday, delivered 9.30am on Tuesday for £3.95. Only drawback, their window starts at 7.00 so bit of an early start to the day!!!

With more and more people seeing the light, so to speak, and realising how expensive QVC are against such rotten service, I still can't figure out why they don't make changes. Delivery is the classic - I ordered something online from a health store yesterday at about 3pm. Free P&P and it arrived with me this morning. QVC still charging an average of £4 and can't get it to you within a week. Appalling.

Latest posts

Back