Prezerve Jewellery Box Not Doing Its Job

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Janey

Spinster of the Parish
I'm so upset.

I have a couple of the Prezerve jewellery organisers which are great but wanted to buy a box for the more delicate stuff I didn't want to get squashed. Earlier this year I bought 827160 and placed some of my newer pieces of jewellery and my Mille Fili heart pendant, earrings & bracelet in it. These had previously been in one of the 'Silver' boxes from QVC with a few of those little squares of anti-tarnish papaer and were still pristine.

I was horrified to find when I went to the box today that they had tarnished! They look bronze in places and will be impossible to clean. Other pieces of jewellery which were put in from new have a yellowish tinge.

Needless to say I will be e-mailing QVC tomorrow but they won't be able to replace the jewellery which is effectively ruined as I find jewellery is never the same agin after using those eggy cleaning dips & seems to tarnish even quicker :(

That's awful Janey, you must be so disappointed. See what they have to say about it, you deserve your money back and some compensation at least.

I don't think all is lost with your jewellery. I had a lot of my gold, gemset rings tarnish in a high street jewellery box but an anti-tarnish cloth brought them back to their sparkling best. (I bought mine off Amazon). You can get special silver cloths cheaply but try to avoid any stones you may have in your pieces just to be on the safe side.

Let us know how you get on.

Sorry to hear your disappointing news about the pre-zerve jewellery box. I suspected this was too good to be true, as I'm never out of my jewellery box it must be getting exposed to environmental damage all the time :eek:. I have thought about investing in this cleaning system as it is pretty much chemical free and gets into all the nooks and crannies without rubbing...

http://www.qwicksilver.co.uk/qwicksilver_england.html?gclid=CL2PlszKlJUCFROA1QodnC8Mfw

You might want to try it for your delicate pieces. I wonder if there are any ST.com members who have tried it?

They used to sell something like this on qvc several years ago but they havent been on for a long time now. Maybe others have bought one??

Hi, I have one of those plates, not the one that is on the link, but mine is called a Polivit. I must admit I don't use it that often, but it really does work. I keep my jewellery in the Prezerve jewellery organisers, but if I do have an item which looks a bit dull, I tend to use the QVC diamonique cleaner which is brilliant. They say to spray it on, but I keep a small container and I dunk the item into the liquid and it comes up like new every time. Hope this helps, I'm sorry I can't remember where I bought the Polivit from - I've had it for many years.

I'm so upset.

I have a couple of the Prezerve jewellery organisers which are great but wanted to buy a box for the more delicate stuff I didn't want to get squashed. Earlier this year I bought 827160 and placed some of my newer pieces of jewellery and my Mille Fili heart pendant, earrings & bracelet in it. These had previously been in one of the 'Silver' boxes from QVC with a few of those little squares of anti-tarnish papaer and were still pristine.

I was horrified to find when I went to the box today that they had tarnished! They look bronze in places and will be impossible to clean. Other pieces of jewellery which were put in from new have a yellowish tinge.

Needless to say I will be e-mailing QVC tomorrow but they won't be able to replace the jewellery which is effectively ruined as I find jewellery is never the same agin after using those eggy cleaning dips & seems to tarnish even quicker :(

Hi Janey

I think you must have just been unlucky with the jewellery box as my mum and my sister have all bought PreZerve items in the past and we think they are great and have never had any problems with tarnishing.

I'm sure I read somewhere that instead of using the metal plate, tin foil was just as effective. Haven't tried myself though.

er found it

http://www.recipezaar.com/155590

don't know what it would be like on jewellery.

That recipe is brilliant for cleaning silver cutlery but I would be wary of using on highly polished items of jewellery as it can dull the finish. Should be OK on something like filigree but always test a wee corner first.

I had the same problem with the box I had although I have never had any problems with the wallets. It's all down to the boxes not being as airtight as the wallets, even when the drawers are closed.

Have you tried this? http://www.idealworld.tv/Dave_Bradford_Jewellery__Cleaner_634866.aspx?search=jewellry%20cleaner#productdescription

This is the only thing I ever order from IW because it is excellent, very gentle, does not remove a tiny layer of gold or silver as some other cleaners do each time you use them and the only cleaner I trust not to damage the pieces I have inherited from my mum, some of which are very delicate and belonged to her grandmother!

I have had a Thomas Pacconi Presvere jewllery box and I have had it a while can't remeber when it was a TSV near to xmas. I did clean everything as i put it in, but over the last few months I have noticed that some bit have discoloured I think i have noticed it more on the gold than my silver.
I think you right Sue about it not been airtight as the drawers can be moved abit but not opened whilst locked.

I think those boxes are a con. I hang mine up on the walls, never put in boxes and they never tarnish

Latest posts

Back