posting back....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowdottie

Registered Shopper
I've got two dresses to send back to QVC.

I would normally put them both in their separate bag,and both would be sent off in their own bag.

Now prices have gone up at the PO (and I always send back recorded delivery) I'm tempted to send back both in the one parcel......but with both barcodes/address sticky on the front?

Do you think this is acceptable? Have you done it? Will it just be more hassle for me if it all gets mixed up?

Thanks

I think Snarly has done it. Can't remember the thread but pretty sure she put both barcodes on the outside. She will probably see your post by this evening. Everyone seems to have gone out - probably the unusual weather.

I only send the valuable items recorded (and 2 dresses must add up to a significant amount). Other items I send ordinary second class and ask for proof of postage.

I'm Here ...

I snooze in the afternoons, well, anytime really! As Moth will understand, am light-sensitive with black towels on windows so on bright days, I'm in my den! Send big parcel with handwritten address (no barcode) with little packs with barcodes inside. Has worked for me, no problems. I learned it on here when I was lurking, so thanks to whomever! I keep track of returns including £, on mobile, easy to check, add to and delete. Too easy for me to lose bitty papers. And pens. HTH

Opphs I misquoted you Snarly. Yes putting the barcoded parcels in a big parcel with handwritten address makes sense.

Yes ive done that quite a few times, and as the dresses will both be going back t0 the same department number it should be ok. I pack the items up seperately up with their own returns barcode on each package. Then I put them in one back, address it and away it goes. I only ever send back 2nd class, but only problem i can see is that if the package did go astray then you only have one proof of purchase for one parcel, but not for the two parcels inside. May be worth packing them up seperately as if folded with thought may come in the large letter size and send each of them ordinary second class large letter with seperate proof of postage for each item,I experiment with returns to see which works out cheaper, either packing in multiples or seperately. Hope that helps

If you have more than 2 parcels going back to the same address ask at the post office about Parcel Force Consignment, it's much cheaper than royal mail but offers better tracking than recorded delivery. I've posted the full detials a couple of times so try searching this forum and you should find it. I've returned 6 parcels (I am weak) by Parcel Force and they arrive back at QVC within 48 hours, completely trackable online, insured and conform to Q's separate parcel rule because they simply travel in the same Parcel Force sack but each is in it's own packaging; all this for just over £11.

Jude xx

I've often sent two clothing items back in the same package. I know some have not had both barcodes on the outside and never had a problem.

for the price of the origional postage you would think a prepaid sticker would be in order..

Thanks all..............got *cold feet*...may well up sending them back as I normally do....just don't want the hassle if it goes wrong :down:

I use to do it a lot in the early days, never had a problem. I'd pack the first parcel with it's return note and address label on, then pop it inside the second one.

Latest posts

Back