pig in a poke

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't think they've ever had a good look in Marks and Sparks' food and wine dept. Can't beat them.

Usually buy what is on offer at the various supermarkets. Would like to get some nice bottles in so will check out M&S not looking to go mad but a few nice bottles for Xmas and Boxing Day!!

i will pay a fiver, but only buy ones on offer so theyre *supposedly* worth more

after £7 i seriously believe you cant tell the difference. its just snobbery init. anyway you can get a bottle of vodka for £8 from Spar so why would you bother with the vino? :O)

god i'm classy!:happy:

Apparently if you are willing to go over the £5.00 barrier then you are getting a good deal. If you pay a tenner for a cheap bottle of plonk in a wine bar and in some pubs now then it makes sense!

Erm, didn't see the hour but do I take it that this company is aware of the meaning of 'buying a pig in a poke'? :wonder:
You may as well call your product 'Total Rip-Off'.

Oh, the irony... !

Tesco are doing 25 per-cent off six bottles at the moment. Works out as up to 75 per-cent off if you buy those already on special offer.

I do like a nice Barolo, or the same grape from the other side of the hill which can not be called a Barollo, for a special occasion, but that is about as expensive as we get on wine. After that I am not sure I would appreciate it. Have a relative who is very into wine and spends serious money. Had this bottle with a meal. He was enthusing over in in raptures. I just kept working out mentally how much every sip was and what you (I) could do with the money. Sadly totally wasted on me, and I really did not enjoy it either.

I had a look at 'Pig in the Poke' website, they sell a case of 12 for £120 (delivery free) so that's £10 a bottle. QVC's works out at £12.71 a bottle if you include the postage (£9.95!!!!!). We usually get our wine from Virgin - lots of special offers and we honestly have never had a bad bottle and have tried some super ones (not that I'm an expert!) - usually works out about £5-£7 a bottle. Waitrose is also very good for vino.

Latest posts

Back