Peony ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

Spooky

Guest Shopper
OMG how expensive are these. Apart from the lady in the promo saying the word flower in a very strange way which is irritating, the prices are ridiculous.

Just shown Poinsettia and going on about how wonderful it is and if you buy the real ones at christmas they always die, well tell you something I would rather pay £4.99 from M&S and it dies within a month then spend near on £90!!! Do they think we are silly.

Peony version is over £100!!!!!

Don't they realise there is a recession on, that sort of money pays for my food for a fortnight, get real QVC!

I can't believe the prices of these flaaars , saying that I was looking on the QVC FB page this morning and they were having a moan at the prices and a lady (infamous to the members of the QVC FB members and argues with every single point made) who is on my friends list was desperately trying to justify the prices by stating this " its not that expensive if you buy fresh flowers every week they are expensive". UTTER TOSH! Must have a friends cull pdq but saying that some of the things she comes out with do make me laugh!!

I tend to buy more flowers in the spring/summer and use my candles more in winter - but I roughly buy my fresh flowers every 2 weeks.I find if you really look after them,they can last 2 weeks.I alternate between roses,lilies and peonies - and I pay no more than a fiver.

I tend to buy more flowers in the spring/summer and use my candles more in winter - but I roughly buy my fresh flowers every 2 weeks.I find if you really look after them,they can last 2 weeks.I alternate between roses,lilies and peonies - and I pay no more than a fiver.

Hey R D that's just like me, I got two bunches for a fiver in M and S the other day and I know that if I take care of them they will last. We have a good local market too and they do lovely very affordable flowers. The only artificial flowers I have are some lilies from Dunelm displayed in a silver coloured jug from T K Max, they look great and did cost much. Those Peony things on Q were very pricey and think of the dusting!

I bought some supermarket flowers 9 days ago. Still going strong in a vase on my Kitchen windowsill. Know where I'd rather spend my money.

the sad thing is that the flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars might be lovely, but I can't watch because I can't stand her appalling pronunciation of the word FLOWERS. Maybe I am just getting old and irritable, but it's a word that has been around a long time and is not difficult to pronounce correctly. Perhaps she thinks it makes her sound rather posh. I think it makes her sound as though she is up her own arse.

OMG how expensive are these. Apart from the lady in the promo saying the word flower in a very strange way which is irritating, the prices are ridiculous.

Just shown Poinsettia and going on about how wonderful it is and if you buy the real ones at christmas they always die, well tell you something I would rather pay £4.99 from M&S and it dies within a month then spend near on £90!!! Do they think we are silly.

Peony version is over £100!!!!!

Don't they realise there is a recession on, that sort of money pays for my food for a fortnight, get real QVC!

Some one gave my dad a Poinsettia plant from M&S over 20 years ago. Never flowered the first christmas, then the following 5 - 6 years flowered every year with just one flower. Now it is still going strong and flowers with loads of them. It's grown so big, it practically takes over the whole of the dining room table! Well worth the money. :up:

I was tempted to do a T-call and ask if Flower Power would make poinsettias last longer.

I bought tow vases of the sweet peas they las time they were on a OTO with free P&P. They do look good but you can tell they're artificial.

QVC's prices are actually quite cheap, compared to some of the arrangements on the Peony website.

i hate pointsettas. i think they look naff, even when theyre real. i actually hate red and green together.

i hate christmas too :O)

Latest posts

Back