Packaging gripes!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
My biggest bugbear has always been goods that are packaged in an inpenetrable sheet of hard plastic..you know you nearly stab yourselves with the scissors and if you're unlucky enough you'll lacerate yourself with the packaging itself...Then you decide you want to return the contents and you can't 'cause the pack's damaged!
My next one is this new safety lock companies are putting on laundry capsule boxes...can I work out how to open them? Follow the instructions and after a while and after a fashion I can get a capsule out. I'm all for safety with children and all that but what about storing them away from prying little hands. What about those who actually need to use them but have manual dexterity issues? ( I don't btw I'm just inept) I eventually decided to decant mine into a lock and lock. Like I say I'm all for h&s but this to me is a step too far!

My biggest bugbear has always been goods that are packaged in an inpenetrable sheet of hard plastic..you know you nearly stab yourselves with the scissors and if you're unlucky enough you'll lacerate yourself with the packaging itself...Then you decide you want to return the contents and you can't 'cause the pack's damaged!
My next one is this new safety lock companies are putting on laundry capsule boxes...can I work out how to open them? Follow the instructions and after a while and after a fashion I can get a capsule out. I'm all for safety with children and all that but what about storing them away from prying little hands. What about those who actually need to use them but have manual dexterity issues? ( I don't btw I'm just inept) I eventually decided to decant mine into a lock and lock. Like I say I'm all for h&s but this to me is a step too far!

Is this what you mean?

This is a coincidence, posted by a FB friend of mine about a day ago.

She says to her son "you wouldn't eat these would you?" referring to the unnecessary child-proof (and adult proof) packaging.

Are you sure that's not you in the video?

Last edited:
I always notice coincidences and how often they happen.

I had no idea about the washing powder problem until the friend posted this out of the blue.

She is a singer and normally posts songs from her house now she can't perform live, so this post was way out of the normal.

And then, lo and behold, you posted about the same soap powder problem.

Last edited:
In trying to keep kids safe from eating these HUGE plastic items, they lock them in flimsy but impenetrable plastic containers.
It is about time that they thought about not using plastic and not providing packaging that cannot be opened by the majority of the adult population!!
these will doubtless be rehoused in an easier to open container, once the frustrated adult has a) calmed down, and b) staunched the blood from their method of getting into the wretched box!
Progress, eh?

What makes me even more angry is the advert with the model Vogue Williams who's not that "blessed" (recently saw her dire performance Celebrity Mastermind) merrily opening and closing the box with a click, click and there's me, who managed to answer all of her questions correctly, tugging, tearing and swearing like a woman possessed! Even though they're in a different container now, the original box had to be damaged considerably before I actually managed to remove all the contents.

What makes me even more angry is the advert with the model Vogue Williams who's not that "blessed" (recently saw her dire performance Celebrity Mastermind) merrily opening and closing the box with a click, click and there's me, who managed to answer all of her questions correctly, tugging, tearing and swearing like a woman possessed! Even though they're in a different container now, the original box had to be damaged considerably before I actually managed to remove all the contents.
I bet it wasn't the container they sell. An ad as long as the time it takes to get into the box would cost a fortune!

I thought it was just me couldnt open the bliddy things - gone back to liquid in a bottle

Don’t start me on VW (who has another baby ). She used to be guest presenter on a local TV travel show. In a half hour show, of which she was featured about a third of the time, she spent the entire time in a different outfit (at least 6 per show) wafting about all very me me me.

I use bottles of washing solution. I don't use biological liquid, and stick to supermarket own brand. The only branded thing I use is Detol laundry cleanser as I wash at 20°C except towels and bedlinens. The pods are very expensive, and the dosage is controlled by the manufacturer not me, so I'm out...Even score you think of the packaging.

I use SMOL laundry pods. Cruelty free with the leaping bunny, posted to me as and how I need them, cheaper than many supermarket brands, 100% recyclable packaging which is plastic free and a choice of bio or non bio. A sample pack of 9 pods costs just £1 and you can postpone deliveries or increase deliveries at will.

Not me, but my big brother. Recently chatting on Skype he started ranting about childproof tablet bottles the chemist gives him his meds in. He said by the time he manages to get the bottle open he is cursing and wants to smash the bottle with a hammer. I told him to tell the chemist can he have them in a normal screw top lid.

Latest posts

Back