Outdoor Multi Position Recliner Chair with Canopy TSV 26/04/2013

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Here we go again!

I ordered this on Friday, got an email on Saturday saying it had been shipped
and my Hermes tracking
checked it again today and all the tracking showed was Order Generated 27th April

Just had a pre recorded message from QVC saying that there is a problem
and I should get my order by 10th May

Now I know I am not desperate for these chairs as we dont have the nice weather to use them
but thats not the point!
Am away to check my credit card because they better not have taken the payment if they havent
shipped the goods!

Anyone else order this TSV?

I relented against not ordering from QVC for a while and ordered this for my dad. I too have had the same as you Bluebell......and asked customer services about the payment - and my card HAS been debited!!!! I was told it was taken in good faith as the item was dispatched but unfortunately, due to the size and weight of the items, hermes are having warehouse / storage problems and cannot fulfill the delivery until 10th May!!. No refund of P&P offered either due to late delivery. I have told her to cancel the order and I want my money back. I was told that she will contact hermes to 'try' to cancel the item and hermes will return to sender. I asked when this will be and she doesn't know - obviously it will be after 10th May so I have no chance of the money going back into my bank for at least another 3 weeks I estimate.- She told me to 'watch out for the return and keep an eye on it' !!!!

Not good enough QVC - you definitely get no further orders from me. :devil: :devil:

Dolly dimple, I cancelled an auto delivery a week before it was due for the second drrop (even had an email from CS saying I wouldn't be sent any further drops! Then I got the "it's on its way" email. When my Hermes courier arrived with it I just asked him to return it (there's an option on his electronic signature gizmo to say "no longer required, delivery refused) and he happily took it away again. Plus he still gets paid for the "delivery" so he wasn't bothered in the slightest. If you cancel just refuse delivery (and make sure they refund all your money incl postage, or if your accept it ask for your p&p back or they can come and collect it!

Mind you his car wouldn't fit a huge garden chair box, which is probably why they couldn't get the earlier delivery sorted, many Hermes couriers just use their own cars and they simply wouldn't have room for more than one of these boxes in the car with any other smaller parcels. Who could have foreseen that??? Er..QVC perhaps!

To borrow Strato's phrase "What a shambles!"

Jude xx

Thanks Akimbo. I do suspect that it will still turn up and the courier is notorious for leaving parcels elsewhere. I won't be at home around the 10th - another reason why I would not have ordered if delivery planned for around that date - so if he leaves the box elsewhere, they won't be too happy at having the box for sometime! QVC ( and Hermes) are rapidly eroding my patience at the moment.

Personally i would have nothing to do with hermes i have had problems in the past the deliveries come in a private car by someone who does not look very professional to me i dont know why qvc use them.

My Hermes courier delivers in his own vehicle and is absolutely superb. Parcels arrive in good condition and promptly. I can track online to see where the goods are. Unfortunately Royal Mail do not give me the same service.

My Hermes courier is excellent too. If I track the parcel when I wake up, I know he'll be here within 2.5 hours without fail.

It's just the luck of the draw with couriers unfortunately.

I used to have no problems with Hermes but over the past year, he leaves parcels elsewhere but forgets to leave me a card; enters on tracking system I have signed for parcels when I haven't; records he has delivered to my porch - somewhat difficult as I don't have one; records left in safe place - meaning he has thrown it over back fence ( sorry, he tells me he climbed over and placed it gently on the step!) And more often than not, I am in, so no need to resort to leaving things elsewhere or tell lies. Just knock on the front door, man!

I have a great Hermes lady and spoke to her last week and she said Hermes were extending their warehouse
so this might be the problem.

Also spoke to QVC CS and they said I should get by 3rd May!
Phoned again tonight and they are sending me a non receipt letter!
They havent a clue what is going on :headbang:
My tracking is now showing Label Reprinted today!

I hope you get it sorted soon BB, without too much hassle. Q don't seem to know their @rse from their elbow when it comes to tracking their parcels!

Jude xx

Well, guess what - despite me cancelling the order, being assured by QVC that they would put a 'stop' on the order with the carriers but if it did slip through the net, I could refuse delivery on the doorstep and it would not be delivered to a neighbour, due to the size and weight of the item - it was delivered to a neighbours this morning :headbang: :devil: :mysmilie_455:

I wouldn't mind, I was in and did not hear anyone knock on my door, otherwise I would have refused delivery.

I am fizzing mad, so angry with QVC, this is the icing on the cake now. They are coming back tomorrow to collect the item and fortunately, the neighbour has agreed to keep it overnight as the main reason I cancelled the order was because I won't be around, hence not wanting it to be delivered elsewhere. :mysmilie_455:

I suppose the next step will be that QVC deny receiving the return and I will have all that to contend with before I get my money back.

QVC - your days are numbered and I won't shop with you anymore.:movie:

I have a great Hermes lady and spoke to her last week and she said Hermes were extending their warehouse
so this might be the problem.

Also spoke to QVC CS and they said I should get by 3rd May!
Phoned again tonight and they are sending me a non receipt letter!
They havent a clue what is going on :headbang:
My tracking is now showing Label Reprinted today!

I hope you get it sorted BB - there will be a brown chair winging it's way back tomorrow ( hopefully, although today would have been better). Be mindful, they are very heavy, esp in the box.

Just another fiasco DD, hope you get your money back quickly

My tracking is now showing that my courier has received them
so should get them today

Am going to ask for my P&P back as thats taken almost 2 weeks to receive!

I've just been up to the neighbours to label the box for return and I have to say that, yes, the box is big and cumbersome and it says on the box the weight is 10.5 kgs. It isn't as heavy as the neighbour told me but it is awkward to lift / move due to the size of the box. It is made in China and it is recommended on the box not to leave the chair out in winter. I'm sure on the presentations they said it was weatherproof and could be left out ( although I would have stored it away if I had kept it). Hope you get your chair soon and it is to your liking. :nod:

yes - do push for P&P refund.

I ordered 2 and the courier brought ONE today
but the invoice said TWO
Have phoned them and they say it should arrive in the next few days.

Will push for the Refund of P&P once I receive the other one
but have told them that this delivery time is unacceptable considering they advertise
3-5 working days.

I did notice on the front of the invoice it says LYNX 2 DAY but it came with my Hermes lady

Its not as heavy as I thought.

Latest posts

Back