"OOOOooo Ahhhhh EEEeeee"

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JR's Ego

Registered Shopper
Dear Miss Debbie Flint,
I have noticed when I've caught a glimpse of QVC online, your utter enthusiasm in abundance, is somewhat expected whilst you do your 'job' to relay to us, the viewer, how wonderful a product is.

However have you thought that acting out what may be comparitive to a 'female orgasm', whilst smelling/tasting products is a little over the top?

My Thread was actioned after I had witnessed, whilst you presented and Easi-yo hour, caricatured expressions which I have only seen previously during a live treatment of ECT on a patient, as you tasted the various yoghurt flavours.

I appreciate you are trying to demonstrate how delicious something tastes, but really, it is becoming somewhat cringeworthy. Please keep in mind the product you adore, may not necessarily also be to our tastes and provide us with a similar 'orgasmic' experience!!!

OTT is really not required!!

I have to ask you JR's Ego.......do you actually have anything positive to say about anybody or anything?

I think the whole question of presenters tasting the food is ridiculous and OTT, Charlie being by far the worst. they are hardly going to say it tastes foul, are they? If they just simply said this is very spicy, or too sweet for my taste, it would at least give a rough guide.

As for smelling perfumes and body creams -just don't!

the only one who doesn't dissolve into spasms of ecstasy is julian. he just sort of nods and says 'that's good' or whatever. consequently, the only one i can watch.

I love the idea that you two can make a casserole that tastes yummy just like the one shown, by using the pan/pot. Nothing to do with the ingredients/recipe/method or the home economist who toiled away off-screen making it.

Makes you wonder why they are trying to hawk 30 quids worth of ketchup and mustard, when you apparently only need the right pot/pan to turn rubbish into stuff Delia would die for..

Dear Miss Debbie Flint,
I have noticed when I've caught a glimpse of QVC online, your utter enthusiasm in abundance, is somewhat expected whilst you do your 'job' to relay to us, the viewer, how wonderful a product is.

However have you thought that acting out what may be comparitive to a 'female orgasm', whilst smelling/tasting products is a little over the top?

My Thread was actioned after I had witnessed, whilst you presented and Easi-yo hour, caricatured expressions which I have only seen previously during a live treatment of ECT on a patient, as you tasted the various yoghurt flavours.

I appreciate you are trying to demonstrate how delicious something tastes, but really, it is becoming somewhat cringeworthy. Please keep in mind the product you adore, may not necessarily also be to our tastes and provide us with a similar 'orgasmic' experience!!!

OTT is really not required!!

LMAO brilliant JR's Ego , post it on her twitter page and see how she responds :giggle:

Julian did say he hated something or other foodie. He said he'd try another, did so and said "No definitely not for me". It was funny but I honestly felt the product wasn't derided as he made it clear it was just a flavour he never liked.

flint just showed herself up. theyre doing the CE condiments set which has a har of caramelised onions and a jar of tomato chutney with chilli.

simon serves her some food with a bit of the product and asks "whats that taste of?"
she replies "tomato and chilli"
he says "thats strange, its the caremalised onion"

embarassed silence.

after the next break she said she had a cold that was affecting her taste. lies.

she is a fake of massive proportions.

I don't know how they cope with spending their entire working day in a frenzy of delight, gasping and sighing in admiration at sheets, fake diamonds, gloopy beauty creams, nasty "fashion" etc. All that joy and amazement must be draining. Glad my working life is a bit more down to earth!!

I don't know how they cope with spending their entire working day in a frenzy of delight, gasping and sighing in admiration at sheets, fake diamonds, gloopy beauty creams, nasty "fashion" etc. All that joy and amazement must be draining. Glad my working life is a bit more down to earth!!

And feeling all that buttery leather and looking at all that buttery gold!

Yes, saw the infamous caramelized onion that tastes like tomato and chill howler this evening. Just trying to take us for mugs.

flint just showed herself up. theyre doing the CE condiments set which has a har of caramelised onions and a jar of tomato chutney with chilli.

simon serves her some food with a bit of the product and asks "whats that taste of?"
she replies "tomato and chilli"
he says "thats strange, its the caremalised onion"

embarassed silence.

after the next break she said she had a cold that was affecting her taste. lies.

she is a fake of massive proportions.

I saw that too - she was totally caught out in a lie. I loved the way she said it tasted of tomatoes and chilli, so emphatically, to impress us with how natural the taste of the product was and then Simon said 'that's funny as it is caramelised onion' Then she said it was because she had a cold - didn't hear that mentioned before the tasting debacle ! First thing I thought was about how timely this thread was about her tasting antics and overacting .

Wish I'd seen that. She's my worst presenter, someone posted on here that she has a 'come and get yer apples ere!' style of presenting and I cannot stand it. That and all the simpering over the male guest presenters, and mugging to the camera - yuk!

Latest posts

Back