One Time Only Prices 14/3/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The batteries seem like a good deal at first, but in fact they are very low capacity for their size.

For example, a normal fully charged rechargeable (NiMh) battery will last 2 to 3 times longer in a torch or other device than these batteries will.

If you think about it, part of the case is taken up by the charging socket and electronics, so the actual battery inside may only be half the size, so will only last half as long.

They cost about £11-50 for 4 inc PP from QVC. Lidl sell FULL capacity AA rechargeable batteries for £3-99 for 4, and same for AAA.

Last edited:
You’ve left a review strato! It’s out there. Actually I thought that different devices need different types of battery for best results.
I can't remember doing that, and there were no reviews for that item on QVC, but my browser often won't show them.

For an AA battery (for example) the larger the capacity, the longer it will last.

Online, I found the Q ones had a capacity of 1000 mAH. Of course, QVC didn't tell you this, the most important info you actually need. Lidl ones are usually about 2500 mAH, so will last 2 1/2 times longer before they need recharging. Rechargeable batteries should always have their capacity written on them

If an item takes an AA battery, then it doesn't matter what type you use, although there are a few pros and cons to consider. Such as, cheap non-rechargeable batteries may leak and ruin your item.

Last edited:
That’s very interesting. We needed new batteries for our bt landline phones and I went to great lengths to check which batteries to use. The bt website said 750mAh for our model and that’s what we bought. Knowing next to nothing about such things I thought a more powerful battery might damage the phone but it doesn’t sound like it from your post.

They’re AAA by the way.

That’s very interesting. We needed new batteries for our bt landline phones and I went to great lengths to check which batteries to use. The bt website said 750mAh for our model and that’s what we bought. Knowing next to nothing about such things I thought a more powerful battery might damage the phone but it doesn’t sound like it from your post.
Larger capacities would take longer to charge up, but would also have more talk time.

You may have a job to find 750 mAh these days, capacities have gradually increased over the years.

I started to use rechargeables about 45 years ago!

But Duracells (or similar ALKALINE batteries) are still better for some applications such as smoke alarms.

Latest posts

Back