Ojon TSV, is it really such good value?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kitten_with_claws

Registered Shopper
Or rather, is it really the best value kit QVC is currently offering? I'm not an Ojon aficionado but (although the shampoo & conditioner are a different type), to me, this kit represents better ml for ml value.....doesn't it?

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.226694

It's got 50% more of the Restorative Hair Treatment & the leave-in Hair Treatment Spray is 300ml as opposed to the TSV's 85ml? Yes, the TSV may be good value but as great an opportunity as AY was making out......?

(Or is the leave-in spray stuff different in the two kits & the TSV one really that hugely expensive? It would help if they didn't call all their products virtually the same thing! lol)

They are two different products. The one in the kit you posted is a spray in treatment with light hold and the one in the tsv is a leave in serum for anti-frizz. I have that kit on auto delivery and I love it. It was the previous TSV.

I think today's tsv is good value though, I have bought the shampoo and conditioner duo alone from qvc for over £30 (and still think it was worth it because I love ojon!)

Oh, thank you philosophy_girl, it's a bit hard to tell when AY babbles on so fast & all the products have similar names & writing!
(I was peering at the monitor with mouse wheel scrolling the screen up to maximum size trying to read what the bottles said! lol)
I like the sound of that shampoo better though, always a bit suspicious when they say 'for all hair types' but ideal for 'dry or damaged' - don't want to end up looking like Crystal Tips! :11:

Oh, thank you philosophy_girl, it's a bit hard to tell when AY babbles on so fast & all the products have similar names & writing!
(I was peering at the monitor with mouse wheel scrolling the screen up to maximum size trying to read what the bottles said! lol)
I like the sound of that shampoo better though, always a bit suspicious when they say 'for all hair types' but ideal for 'dry or damaged' - don't want to end up looking like Crystal Tips! :11:

I use both the tawaka and the ultra hydrating range. My favourite at the moment is the tawaka, my hair is just soaking that up just now and looking really shiney. I've bought the tsv today too though because I find the ultra hydrating is a little lighter in texure so it's better when my hair needs a little volume help.

I've used ojon since it came to qvc and over the years it's worked for me when I've had short hair, long hair, over-highlighted, dyed back to brown, over-straightened, good-conditioned and been on holiday! I do dip into other ranges (I can wander off to kerastase sometimes, i'm a product junkie!) but I always return to ojon, my hair's much happier for it.

Something is only ever good value if you like it and will use it all. I do like Ojon and haven't really used any other products for the last two years. I have tried MOP and Philip Kingsley but Ojon is best for me.

If you look on the John Lewis website - they also sell in Liberty of London you will see that the prices are far higher than QVC charge for kits.

Maybe I should try this again, but I remember the shampoo and conditioner being nice but no better than mop etc. For the price, I kind of expected more results than I got. I wouldn't mind trying the Tawaka (or whatever). Or the restorative spray and the rub out seems like a good idea, but has mixed reviews.

It gives the sizes in the details

Ojon 4 Piece Hydrate & Restore Collection

Today's Special Value Price
£27.41

QVC Price
£33.00

Item Number

Availability
Waitlist only

UK P&P
£4.45

Experience the difference that Ojon's brand new Restorative Leave In Treatment (85ml) can make to your hair with this fantastic four-piece Hydrate and Restore collection. The set also features a full-size Restorative Hair Treatment (100ml), one of Ojon's best-selling products, as well as Ultra Hydrating Shampoo and Ultra Hydrating Conditioner (both 250ml). This great-value collection will keep your hair looking lustrous, shiny and silky, and feeling touchably soft. The set is suitable for all hair types and particularly good for dry and damaged hair.

this is a good tsv as the products are all really popular and all full sizes. cant wait to try out the new serum.
cant stand the styling products as no matter what they say the they make my hair dry and crispy but love these staples...shampoo,conditioner and yopu cant go wrong with the ojon oli.
hate the smell though tbh lol

cant stand the styling products as no matter what they say the they make my hair dry and crispy but love these staples...shampoo,conditioner and yopu cant go wrong with the ojon oli.
hate the smell though tbh lol

Does it really smell like an old ashtray though? :26:
(Somebody else, Donna I think, said it smelt 'chocolatey', so maybe it's how you interpret the smell?)

it smells like burnt driftwood in the rainforest.
one of my teenage daughters does not mind it the other more sensitive one hates it with a vengence.
i use it as its the very best thing for really dry hair as it really penetrates the hair shaft. no-one has dryer hair than me.
the shampoo and conditioner are the best i have ever used and the smell imo is sublime.

I think the smell is quite nice - sort of nutty-chocolately.

The products are very hydrating, as described - but am I really alone in thinking this is a phenominally expensive range, when you compare the prices (and sizes) to other quality hair care brands like Aveda and Kerastase?

never used aveda but kerastase is excellent.my step daughter is a hairdresser and uses this range as she gets fantastic results.but do they do a restorative oil like ojon...
this seems quite unique i think....to ojon and it really does the job.not fussed about all the other stuff and i will be trying out the new serum with anticipation as they said this would be around £28 now i for one will never buy a serum for that money so it will be interesting to see how "wow" this is.....

I think it was a good value tsv if you like the product - but the value of the tsv, I think, shows they must be making a huge profit on regular prices and that is why they could afford to be so generous with the tsv.

If you think about it, you probably spend £20 or £30 on face products that last 2 to 3 months so if you think about it that way, Ojon is good value for your hair. My hair is inj pretty good condition but veyr fine and Ojon really does give it extra body and holds the style for longer. With normal shampoos, I'd have to wash it every day as it would go flat however much styling product. With Ojon, I get a good couple of days and it holds its body, so I think it's money well spent.

The shine version is really quite amazing, really makes my hair bling!

I love the smell, it's like a vanilla with a hint of chocolate but not at all overpowering for me.

I do agree that the mark up must be very high - as it is on most things.

I have wasted a fortune over the years swapping from this shampoo to that conditioner and often just chucking them. I,e used Ojon for two years now. I never waste a drop so in that way it's good value for money for me.

Does it really smell like an old ashtray though? :26:
(Somebody else, Donna I think, said it smelt 'chocolatey', so maybe it's how you interpret the smell?)

I didn't like the smell particularly when I first got it and stuck my nose in the pot, but now I am happy to sleep with it on (I find it works better over night, than in 20 mins). As someone else said, it's more nutty-chocolately with a hint of smoke! Great product!!

Latest posts

Back