Oh dear Jill Franks, porkie time again

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

backstreetgirl

Registered Shopper
People have posted on here about porkies told by presenters and I'd never managed to catch any of them out - until yesterday. It was of course our favourite presenter, Jill Franks.

She was presenting the Laura Gellar hour on Saturday and exclaimed (breathlessly) that she had the foundation on and "as you all know, I love my FAUX tan."

Then yesterday she was on with Andrew for the Gatineau show and raving about the tan accelerator. She said people had commented on her tan and that she had managed to keep it going with the tan accelerator.

So what is it Ms Franks? Faux or real?

The more I see of her the less I like her. And I wish she'd either grow her fringe out properly or have a fringe. I made a better job of my girls' hair when I was growing their fringes out and I didn't have someone out back to style it for me!

Simple. I just never believe a single word she says and take it all with a massive pinch of salt. Same with most of the other presenters too. Ok ok called me cynical.

Also in the Gatineau show, she told us how she loves the Floracils eye makeup remover and won't use anything else. Moments later she then said that products she uses from other brands don't last as long because they come in much smaller bottles! As people have said here, to make a good liar needs a good memory.

I agree, she was banging on about "got back from holiday the beginning of May!!" and her friends are asking how she kept her tan, the silly woman mustn't have realised it was only about roughly eight weeks ago and unless she's been locked in a room for eight weeks and not sunbathing (which apparently she loves or hates depending on what show she's presenting) her tan will have topped up on its own, not down to "we test on animals Gatineau" She also talks so fast, that she starts the next sentence before she's finished the one she's saying, the woman's insufferable.

And notice just how many times she repeats the item number, as if on auto pilot. Its the number, then the price, then the number again, cut to the model, item number again, cut to still photograph, item number again. Yes, she may well be able to talk for 10 minutes describing a pencil, but two thirds of that time are quoting the ****** item number !

People have posted on here about porkies told by presenters and I'd never managed to catch any of them out - until yesterday. It was of course our favourite presenter, Jill Franks.

She was presenting the Laura Gellar hour on Saturday and exclaimed (breathlessly) that she had the foundation on and "as you all know, I love my FAUX tan."

Then yesterday she was on with Andrew for the Gatineau show and raving about the tan accelerator. She said people had commented on her tan and that she had managed to keep it going with the tan accelerator.

So what is it Ms Franks? Faux or real?

The more I see of her the less I like her. And I wish she'd either grow her fringe out properly or have a fringe. I made a better job of my girls' hair when I was growing their fringes out and I didn't have someone out back to style it for me!

Been on holiday for two weeks and saw Jill this morning. Not sure if it is her hair but she does look a bit haggard. Sorry if someone thinks this is a rude comment.

She really has no idea what she's saying half the time, it's really quite laughable if you take a step back and listen to her.

What drives me mad most of all is that she says "honestly" all the flipping time.

There's some sort of quote like "Show me a salesman who uses the word 'honestly' and I'll show you a liar"
Couldn't be more true in the case of Jill Franks.

She says 'you all know I like this that and the other' (everything) like as if we hang on her every word, like sycophants or something.

Looking at her these days, she is no recommendation for anything.

It is certainly astonishing the number of body butters, lotions and oils she cant live without.

I believe her when she witters about loving the top end Q ranges like Perricone, but the cheap ones? No way!

She also says that she only uses Perricone No Foundation Foundation

This just highlights the perils and pitfalls of gushing insincerely about each and every product.

If you have tried it to see what it's like for the show, Jill - it's really all right to tell us that! You don't have to pretend to be a die-hard user of each product shown on air!

This is an area, where to be fair - Ali Young will say she's tried it, but not claim to use the product. Same with Julia Roberts.

In clothes - I believe Catherine Huntley when she says she adores Ingenue (Onjenu) as she's so often in one of their dresses. I believe Debbie when she says she loves Antthonly clothes as she's frequently adorned in one of his sharkbite tops (not a good look, but it's her choice).

The most credible is Jackie Kabler when she says she uses something - it's so obvious that she won't say she uses other stuff she presents, but then lights up when she's got something she's enthusiastic about.

Jill would make the ideal subject for a situation comedy (in a Miranda sort of way) - hyper active, not remembering what porkies she's told, showing her home where she can't open the bathroom door for all the 'products' she can't live without, but her wardrobe is full of designer 'pieces' which cant be found on QVC - handbags and stupid platform shoes - (Olive Oyl on stilts ! ) a kitchen the size of a cupboard with nothing in the fridge, and the biggest Pilates machine in the bedroom which she sleeps on !! She's dripping in Lola Rose and all in girly pink of course !

I've caught her out on numerous occasions, by no way is she alone, however. These presenters as we all know, get a lot of freebies and 'try outs' so I think it could be one of the reasons they stay in their jobs - I do believe they get quite a lot by way of perks, and not just products. Fair enough, but what I loathe is the constant 'oh this is one of my own personal favourites' or 'I wouldn't be without it, it's by my bed, last thing at night and first thing in the morning' etc. etc.etceteraaaaah (as Yul Bryner said in the King and I), so many lies, we are treated in a very (IMO) condescending manner and I've had enough of it.

Is there anything that isn't the "only one she uses?" :thinking: It'd be so easy for her to just say X is my favourite but this new one's lovely too, maybe I'll alternate. Or I love lots of them, they're all great, I'll add this to the rotation. Something like that. That's actually being more complimentary to Q and saying they stock loads of good stuff, rather than this is the only one I use, everything else is rubbish. But no, everything's got to be the only one she likes. Does she think no one's ever seen more than one she's on? Mind you, having said that... :angel:

Its just so silly.

I'm perfectly happy to know how they get on with products they've trialled. It (should) help them to give us an insight into how it can be used, and what benefit might be experienced. I don't believe for one minute they own everything, or want to own everything, and it's stretching credibility. I'd rather here - "I was lucky enough to be given one of these to try out, and my experience was..." rather than "I couldn't live without ... it's the only one I use". One is credible, the other is INK-redible...

By all means admit to a selective number of favourite must-haves - but not the entirety of the QVC beauty department!!

I believe her about the pilates machine. I believe her about the Vitamix. I believe her about the Tiana coconut products. Anything else... not so much. The clue is the way she lights up talking about the stuff she really believes and uses.

The ones where you can't tell are the consummate sales people - like Debbie and Dale - they never light up for particular products.

Most of the others, you can tell when they really, REALLY like a product they are selling.

I reckon on her day off she likes nothing better than to have a fag on and a pint of stout in each hand. Now that's an image that might get me through one of her appearances.

Latest posts

Back