Official - alison young is a Bitch

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

scrangiefan

Registered Shopper
Its official.......... dale called her it when they failed to switch his mike off during a mid lola rose 4pm hour link to her show, he tried to cover up his verbal slip shortly after by referring to her as a witch but we knew......... we rewound and there was evidence............ sacking offence?! :Hysterical::Hysterical::Hysterical::Hysterical::Hysterical:

ps I believe it was something to do with bronzer

Last edited:
Oh bummer missed it!

Is it still a sacking offence if it's true or does it depend on who shifts the most stock?

I saw it and didn't detect him saying bitch, only heard him saying witch, he said it two or three times.

I am sure she has been called a bitch and a witch many times in the past and will be called it many times in the future.

What I would like to know, is what would she call Dale? I am sure she would be much more acidic than he.

Not sure holmca but the word misogynist would probably feature. Even if it's presented as "a joke" it really isn't.

But how many times has AY slapped guest presenters???? People on ST emailed and complained and was given the stock answer, they are friends it was a joke. That was far more serious.

One does not excuse the other. I would not want to be slapped or called a w(b)itch at work or anywhere else.I am probably called the latter behind my back at work but that kind of goes with the territory. But if a colleague did it and I found out .... well. It is kind of worse to behave badly under the guise of a joke on live TV. Both slapping and name calling, that is. I don't know about Dale's sales figures but as beauty is the biggest seller on Q, and love or hate AY I bet she is responsible for a massive chunk of those sales. I expect she will get away with it.

I like Ali Young a lot, particularly her dry wit. She has many faults, but she is incredibly self-aware and is the first person to admit them. On a Leighton Denny show not long ago she started to laugh at, apparently, nothing, and when LD asked her what she was laughing at she said (all quotes to the best of my recollection) "the producer is telling me that someone's tweeted in to say my dress and make-up are awful and I look like a witch". LD was genuinely shocked and said "Oh no, that's really mean, and not true" and Ali said "No, no. We can't please everybody, not everyone is going to like you, that's fine." and continued to chuckle. I don't believe many presenters would react like that.

I also remember her calling herself a bitch on a late night L'Occitane show (she said it was alright to use the word because it was late and the show wasn't going to be repeated early in the morning). Said the male presenters call her QVC's biggest bitch because she continually harasses them about what they're using, but that they invariably come back and thank her when they see that what she told them to do was usually right. Alexis protested, but Ali said words to the effect of "No, it's fine, if you asked my husband he'd probably agree with them".

I didn't see the incident currently being discussed, so I don't know what Dale called her, but this is a lady who takes criticism better than anyone I've ever seen and is completely aware of how she comes across on occasion. She is clearly completely at peace with herself, and good for her. I also remember Kathy saying on one occasion that Ali is "Bossy and scary, but lovely. All bark and no bite."

Whatever it was that Dale said, I'm sure that Ali would take it with a pinch of salt, laugh and agree.

Well said Scout, I could not have put it better myself, totally agree with your comments, the one thing I do like about Ali Y is her great ability to mock herself, i am sure she took any comment made by Dale in good humour x

Aww Scout reading your post Ali is back in my good books again! Not sure about what the male presenters like Dale call her though -I bet it hurts her more than she lets on but fair play to her for how she handles it.I have always liked Ali and I fid not see the shows where she allegedley slapped someone. Until I see it myself I will reserve judgement!

I should imagine you have to have hide like a rhino to work on a shopping channel. It will come easy to some but not so to others but I daresay there is a lot of bitchiness behind the scenes, people trying to outshine each other or become King/Queen pin etc. You get it in every job ad I can speak from experience having once worked in a very large office with 20 other women, talk about smile to your face but stab you in the back. I daresay Q is no different and much as the presenters all pretend to like each other on screen I bet some of them really can`t stand each other, including Ali.

I'm not sure what people mean by "slapped" WG. I've seen her give people a wallop to the upper arm across the table on occasion, but it always seemed to be done in jest and taken as that. I've never seen it where the recipient showed any signs at all of anger or resentment, and they've been people who we know have known and worked with Ali for decades, so she knows what she can and can't do with them. Ali has said herself that she is what she is, take her or leave her, and that she quite understands that some people don't like her. I just wish she could pass some of this self-awareness on to JF - the least self-aware woman I've ever seen in my life!

Last edited:
I'm not sure what people mean by "slapped" WG. I've seen her give people a wallop to the upper arm across the table on occasion, but it always seemed to be done in jest and taken as that. I've never seen it where the recipient showed any signs at all of anger or resentment, and they've been people who we know have known and worked with Ali for decades, so she knows what she can and can't do with them. Ali has said herself that she is what she is, take her or leave her, and that she quite understands that some people don't like her. I just wish she could pass some of this self-awareness on to JF - the least self-aware woman I've ever seen in my life!

She slapped Lee from Bare Escentuals across the face and hard. The woman's crime was that she had run several marathons, something AY chose to mention, not Lee. Lee was most taken aback. It was deplorable behaviour by AY.

Sadly I missed it but surely Lee would have refused to work with her again had she been hurt by it :sweat:(btw I don't agree with what AY did)

Sadly I missed it but surely Lee would have refused to work with her again had she been hurt by it :sweat:(btw I don't agree with what AY did)

Again, I recall Lee saying that she and Alison worked together twenty years ago (at Clarins was it?), so it's difficult to know the dynamics of the relationship. I find it hard to believe AY would do something like that to someone she knew so well without being pretty sure it would go down ok. If she did that to me and I didn't know it was with a light-hearted intent, I'd slap her back harder.

My cousin worked for Channel 4, and there's no doubt that a lot of seemingly spontaneous actions on live shows aren't what they seem. For all we know these things could be planned and rehearsed to liven things up a bit. I'm the world's biggest sceptic!

Latest posts

Back