No more freebie junkets?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Hearing Ali K reminisce about trips she made to Far East with Julia to jewellery fair made me realise that it is a long time since we have heard of any presenters doing this.

I remember they used to do shows from Italy, I think it used to be a scrum between Julia, Charlie and Dale to get the gig, and they were all dolled up in some lovely villa.

I also remember Kathy going to Verona and someone else going to Venice (they still use the trailers). Also Claudia and someone, can't remember who, going somewhere exotic.

Ah those were the days (my friend)

Yeah the presenters must be well miffed at no-more all expenses paid trips to far-flung places. Lord knows they used to bang on about them for sometimes years afterwards.

I, for one, am still waiting on those ELEMIS shows from the 7-star resorts in exotic far-flung locations, along with invited qvc audience members, that Alli Young and Keely always used to fantasise about on-air. I will gladly put my name down for attending!

Yeah the presenters must be well miffed at no-more all expenses paid trips to far-flung places. Lord knows they used to bang on about them for sometimes years afterwards.I, for one, am still waiting on those ELEMIS shows from the 7-star resorts in exotic far-flung locations, along with invited qvc audience members, that Alli Young and Keely always used to fantasise about on-air. I will gladly put my name down for attending!

Ali and Julia went to China about 9 years ago, and agree, they still bang on about it.

Julia did the Gem Fair in Tucson once, as did Dale - BUT we were never shown the actual inside of the Fair, as the programme was presented in some courtyard setting outside, so I thought it was a waste of time for us viewers as it could have been anywhere, except those presenters that went on the 'jolly'. And of course Julia made all the fuss about doing the 'red carpet' at the Oscars, and then we saw it was the QVC red carpet - hardly Brad Pitt territory !!

Yes, but remember all those freebies, and good hotels were paid for by us.

I'm personally hoping that there are no more jollies for these hapless presenters, who are so 'up' themselves it's ridiculous.

AY still gets to the US and do live shows, usually once a year.

No point in them going to Italy etc for jewellery as they never show much gold now(its usually bonded to silver), and as for the gems most of those now are the Lola Rose style of stones jasper etc.

Who remembers Blueberry Quartz, we had a row over whether it was a real stone or not(as a certain glass jewellery was called blueberry), then QVC told us it was heat treated amethyst. I got a lovely little ring in clearance with a east to west stone and 6 tiny diamonds in 9ct white gold. Funny I spotted someone selling the same ring on ebay for nearly £90 plus shipping not long ago. I swear I paid in the low thirties for it.

Russian Diopside(sp), the guard with his dog watching the mine as they could only mine so many months a year. I have a 5 stone eternity style in 9ct yellow gold bought for around £42, people still comment on it.

Latest posts

Back