No cheque hold

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
Q have done me a huge favour! I have not bought a single thing since this came in (without notice in my case!), and rarely watch as there is very little I want anyway.

Well done QVC! Now when are you going to shoot yourselves in the other foot?:clapping:

Well to be honest it never was a cheque hold but for people who did not have a credit/debit card to buy. Some people did use it as cheque hold and why not. I remember here long ago someone had that payment method removed from their account for cancelling too much using this.

Bet you all didn't know about the third letter from QVC?

1: Returning too much

2: Using too much of a beauty product in the 30 day MBG

3: Cancelling too many items.

yeah, I got that one, but to be honest it was fair enough once I thought about it. Items on special or OTO prices don't reappear at that price once the cheque hold is removed, and it does prevent people who really want the item being able to buy it whilst peeps like me take their time to decide!
I, like Ruthmay, won't buy much now I expect, as if I do, I shall end up getting the letter about too many returns!

But hold on, there is a legal right to cancel under DSR. They get round this (amazon are guilty of this too) by rushing orders through " to the warehouse" so its too late to cancel. Its on the blinkin computer for gawds sake, of COURSE they can cancel.

I suppose now they accept the visa electron they don't have to cater for those who can't get a proper debit/credit card. I haven't used cheques for years but cheque hold was handy to reserve TSVs/OTOs etc just before payday or before the next interest free period on your credit card. I used this on many occasions for such purposes and would phone up and change the payment method, which they were always fine about.

Latest posts

Back