New Years Resolutions!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Irisheyes

Registered Shopper
I like many of you are, i am COMPLETELY fed up to the back teeth with QVCs rip off P&P! They seem to think that for someone purchasing multiple items in any one visit should pay £20 ++++++ in P&P...wise up! I have in the past been an idiot paying £56 on P&P in one day----- NEVER EVER again. I have slapped myself afterwards!!!!!!
I ordered 10 plus items from M&S on Tuesday this week, got free postage, AND i received my order on Thursday!! Never have i received my orders from QVC within 2 days.
The ONLY appealing thing is the 30 MBG............... but are they actually over charging us on P&P to compensate for the returns????? If so they can take a ****** hike

They have doubled the prices of some items in the past 12 months never mind the extra tenner here n there on other pieces, they put items into clearance at the original price ---stating it is a DISCOUNT,upping what the real qvc price was...do they seriously think we are complete morons not to notice!...AND the sale is NOT a sale but rather the c**p thats been sitting on clearence all year!!!

QVC are sinking very low in my idea of Quality and VALUE .....jewellery, home and fashion have gone to the dogs..the only reasonable deal you get is on a beauty TSV..with FREE P&P and easy pay!..as for convience...well whoever is sitting there in QVC towers doing the research and comparsions..should be flamin well sacked!

My resolution...giving RIP OFF QVC a wide berth!

Phew i feel better now i got that off my chest! :clapping:

Last edited:
Well said and I can't believe some one from the powers that be at QVC don't read this forum, it's time they took notice it sounds like they are going to be losing a lot of customers.

The surefire way to guarantee me not buying anything from QVC is to not watch it. I managed that for a whole year about 3 years ago, so today the 1st January 2012 is the start of a new day, and a new year and QVC is not on in my home. I'm going to aim for my previous 1 year record and hopefully surpass it. I know I can view the website online, but its much easier to avoid buying when you don't have a live presenter doing their utmost to persuade you to "jump to the phones/ press the red button/ use QCut/ Tap the App" and so on......

I didnt buy for almost a year either. My trick? Moving the small tv from my spare room where I watch whilst ironing into the kitchen where the signal didn't pick up the channel! Hubby hates me watching on the plasma as the text boxes leave a shadow on the screen....so maybe it's time for me to give up again too?! Have just switched on to see that Bobbi Brown is on at 1pm. I silently whooped as I love BB! However, just checked the website for any new items and there is one new kit -with yet another black gel eyeliner and brush. It really is boring me now :(

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk

I have just remembered that my year of no QVC was the year I saved up to visit a friend in Australia. And I did. Which says it all really!

"they put items into clearance at the original price ---stating it is a DISCOUNT,upping what the real qvc price was...do they seriously think we are complete morons not to notice!...AND the sale is NOT a sale but rather the c**p thats been sitting on clearence all year!!!"

is that even legal??

I did most of my Christmas shopping either on-line with free p&p and 2 day delivery (Amazon, E Bay, M&S, Waterstones etc) and some at our out-of-town retail park where parking is free and easy outside of peak times. I also ordered a couple of things on-line and collected them at the local store (just in case the store didn't have them in stock). I found out that I could collect items ordered from the John Lewis site at my local Waitrose free (how good is that ?).

No need to battle in the high street, pay a king's ransom in parking nor be ripped off with p&p.

Linda xx

I think they will notice a difference this year. Some of the sets are ok, some of the jewellery is ok but the p & p is stupid, and way off beam to most of the online sites now.
This year I won't be buying any makeup have had a look in my supplies and who needs 20 eye liners, 30 eye shadows, 8 versions of LG/smashbox baked things, 4 blushers etc etc....
I would like to buy some of the bits in the jewellery clearance (which have been on a while!!) but won't be sucked into it to give them and extra £20+ p & p.
Wake up QVC - once upon a time you may have been the only ones to sell Ojon for example but most of your things now can be bought elsewhere.
New Year resolution - don't pay p & p charges - unless....... no I musn't !!!!

One of my New Year Resolutions is to be very careful and selective about any QVC purchases I make ! I will always add in the P&P cost when considering the price ! I will watch the programmes purely for entertainment or ' research' purposes to find out what , if anything is new . I will NOT be seduced by the over efficient and never ending chat of the presenters into making impulse or knee- jerk purchases !!!
I have bought lots of my favourite things from QVC over the past 3 years eg. Emu boots and slippers , My Kipling Defea bag ( which I use daily ) , some Honora pearl necklaces , Northern Nights bedding and also my Carole Hochman plush zip up robe x 3 in different colours . As all these are still going strong they are unlikely to need replacing in the near future ! I've had many more great items ,too many to mention individually . As I detest high street shopping QVC is ideal for me , except that it's too easy to get carried away .

I don't seem to have had the bad experiences like many of you . Anything ordered has been delivered and has mostly lived up to my expectations . I would be very sorry if QVC were to close down !!!! Happy New Year to everyone on this site . I always enjoy the thought provoking comments .

Again no more qvc this year for me, unless bargain TSV around Xmas time so I can split for gifts. This year Xmas gifts were from amazon and qvc, and bobbi brown own website (free p and p, same prices). I needed all of them as recovering from a c section, and could not push pram for weeks let alone shop. When I could go shopping it was to Argos and early learning centre for kids toys. Reason I'm stopping is don't want to make impulse buys like northern nights towels I really don't need, bedding I don't need and cook ware. If I do need any of these I will look on qvc website. I don't need any more make up or toiletries so will wait til I do. I too have some favourite belongings from Qvc, my Invicta watch, and Kipling large fair fax, KVZ Cosmo, but I have more than enough bags now. Having some reviews rejected p'd me off, postage and packing ridiculous, all valid reasons to stop, at least this year.

I've only bought one thing from Q this year and that was Wintertrax. Don't think I will find it too hard to resist buying because there is never anything I want and the p&p is ridiculous.

My bug bear with QVC is their postage costs. They are utterly disgraceful really. In the Nails Inc hour a few weeks ago I ordered three separate sets along with a Kipling bag, all four things cost £3.45 EACH in postage and were all placed within one order, then you guessed it they were all delivered by the same person in a car at the same time. She just handed me four packages and laughed saying I'd been busy that day.

That episode cost me £13.80, it was all the same order number and everything. Why can they not do a one order charge or a maximum postage level for everything ordered in one day. I never shop with Ideal World anymore due to constantly having had to wait 3 wks for orders, but at least they do act fairly on postage.

I know it was my fault and responsibility choosing 4 things on the same day, but even so it was annoying when they were handed over together, the delivery lady didn't even do back to her boot four times LOL.

I sometimes sell on ebay and I'm sure I would get crucified as a seller if I did this to bidders, and that is as a private individual NOT a great big conglomerate company.

Big big boo to QVC for postage!! The only thing that pulls me back is the easy pay facility plus with Nails Inc £21-£23 for four varnishes when NI would charge £11 each is a good price.

QVC are very upfront of their postage costs, so I always include them in the total price they want for something. If its a good buy I buy, if I can get it cheaper I buy elsewhere. Have to admit to a sharp intake of breath at £50 paid for P&P

From their perspective, if customers are prepared to pay for individual p & p, then why should they change their policy and reduce their profit margin? There was something on the news a few months back about shopping channels like QVC returning much healthier profits than other retailers, especially the high street. Thinking about it their outgoings are on their fancy studio (and I have heard their lease is soon to run out...question is will they move to a cheap warehouse in the middle of nowhere to make even more profit or will they renew??? Of course they have their presenters basic plus commission, their crew, make up, models and of course their Liverpool based call centre. Will they move them to India ever? Of course Amazon has even lower overheads, but Amazon has the disadvantage of not having the privilege of being an invited guest in our living rooms, watching for enjoyment, being lured into the web of "must buy towels and bedding"!!! Let's face it few of us browse on Amazon, we know exactly what we want to buy, order it and it arrives faster than the speed of light with free p and p in many cases. Unless you were specifically looking for towels, and do an amazon search you wouldn't buy them. Can't see loyal Q customers going on strike to make them change their ways!

Lol! I had to restrain myself today! What if I had broken my resolve after only half a day!

Great thread. After weaning myself off QVC watching and buying for a couple of years, I recently went mad and ordered 7 rings on last clicks, 5 Mally sets for gifts, the shark REV and the swivel sweeper thingy. It was all done so quickly, and unlike other shopping I have done online in the sales, it will cost me a lot to get the items and then send them back.

On the plus side, at least I can send them back if I really hate them.

Love QVC for introducing me to some great brands (laura Geller, A'KIN, AD Skin Synergy to name a few.

HATE the p&p - total rip off - and the fact that I have become a make-up junkie. Oh well, could be worse addictions, I suppose.

OK, new years resolutions, USE UP MY STOCK PILE. Really enjoy each and every product - let's face if, they cost a heck of a lot.
I
Keep a "shopping cart" in a notepad or on my phone. Every time I am tempted to buy something, I have to put it in my virtual shopping cart. At the end of the month, if I still NEED it, I will buy it. At the end of the year, I will TOT up all the items that I thought I wanted, but didn't buy and then treat myself to something really lush.

I will also retrain my mind to not worry about missing out on the "bargain" TSVs and OTOs - let's face it, most of that stuff will come back at introductory price, or can be bought cheaper elsewhere.

There, always feel better when I have a plan. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL ST FORUMITES, AND GRAHAM!

I'm another one who is jumping ship this year. The only thing I will miss is LG, but it seems to last so long and I am sure I could find somewhere else to buy from. Any ideas please.

Latest posts

Back