New Philosophy Woman!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tinaborder

Registered Shopper
Uh oh, more boring than Robyn!!! They need someone younger and funkier for this brand methinks! Missed start of the hour, how was she introduced?

i agree tinaborder worse than robyn.its obvious that she has never even used the stuff maybe recently but not one of the philosohy staff. her knowledge is rubbish really and she is not fun or easy on the eye that lee was.

i agree tinaborder worse than robyn.its obvious that she has never even used the stuff maybe recently but not one of the philosohy staff. her knowledge is rubbish really and she is not fun or easy on the eye that lee was.

I for one, am heartily sick of all these 'actresses' etc. dragged in to be 'brand guests' - most of them simply don't have any real in-depth knowledge of the brand or the individual items & quite often, may as well not be there!
The worst offender by far is Marie-Barbie-Francoise, a total waste of space that one but she certainly isn't alone, many of the brands work along similar lines!
I'd rather listen to ditzy Kim M, at least she knows her own stuff inside out, even if she's a bit wearing on the old earholes! lol

Wasn't Nina a beauty journalist? Just receiving products from companies to review in magazines does not make them an expert of the brand. I'd rather listen to Robyn.
I found last night's show the most boring one ever and I am too fed up with journalists/actresses who have no qualifications in beauty/skincare, have never run a salon/spa or have an in depth knowledge of the brand in the same way a trainer would.
No hope of Lee coming back then :sad:

I think it's very misleading having someone who is nothing to do with the brand there. I don't see why they can't just have one or two QVC presenters who could do the same job as a guest presenter who is nothing to do with the brand. :thinking2:

I didn't like Robyn to start with, she's no match for Lee but she's grown on me lately and at least she works for Philosophy!

I cannot watch that woman doing a Philosophy show. I have resigned myself to no more Lee (its taken a while and I do relapse occassionally!!) I can watch Robyn if I'm doing something else at the same time but the woman with the white hair I just cannot watch.

She clearly knows nothing about any of the products and sounds like she's trying to remember a script. Very unprofessional of Philosophy to emply a "beauty journalist" instead of a properly trained beauty therapist.

Was she called 'brand representative' or something? I agree catkins, she was clearly trying to remember the script, but hasn't got it off pat yet. I think Robyn introduced her briefly not that long ago, obviously handing over so she doesn't have to cross the pond to punt the stuff. As for this new lady, a lot of us seem to be thinking the same thing: she doesn't seem to fit the brand. She's new and getting to grips with the spiel, but definitely doesn't give off the vibe that she would actually use the products; I know just because you punt stuff, doesn't mean you have to use it, but you can put forth the vibe somehow that you DO use it, if you know what I mean! (She looks to me like she personally goes down the old Neal's Yard, Dr Hauscka, Weleda route - maybe it's just her lack of convincingness and appearance that's making me think that!)

i think Robyn probably handed over the last show (or 2?) to her, so she could catch an earlier flight.

This thread reminds me of the woman they've brought in on BE alongisde SJ over the last few months. I remember thinking on her first show as she was telling us all to swirl tap buff "who is she to tell me that, I've been swirling tapping and buffing longer than you have love!!" It was as if she has a script to go from when she's doing the make up.

She just wasn't convincing as knowing the brand inside out, and I think thats the problem with some of these guest presenters. Most of us have been watching QVC for years now and have tried everything on offer, so when they bring people in fresh to the brand who don't know it inside out its a little insulting. Its why brands like Liz Earle, Decleor, Elemis, Smashbox, Laura Geller and YBF do so well, because the presenters know, love and use the products (or at least give that impression anyway). Give Alison Young her due, she could do the Philosophy shows on her own without the guest presenter even turning up.

This thread reminds me of the woman they've brought in on BE alongisde SJ over the last few months. I remember thinking on her first show as she was telling us all to swirl tap buff "who is she to tell me that, I've been swirling tapping and buffing longer than you have love!!" It was as if she has a script to go from when she's doing the make up.

She just wasn't convincing as knowing the brand inside out, and I think thats the problem with some of these guest presenters. Most of us have been watching QVC for years now and have tried everything on offer, so when they bring people in fresh to the brand who don't know it inside out its a little insulting. Its why brands like Liz Earle, Decleor, Elemis, Smashbox, Laura Geller and YBF do so well, because the presenters know, love and use the products (or at least give that impression anyway). Give Alison Young her due, she could do the Philosophy shows on her own without the guest presenter even turning up.

The other BE woman works for the company but isn't a make up artist (so at least she works for them!) I think the idea of having her on is to show us that you don't need to be a make up artist to get great results.

Latest posts

Back