New CID--No thanks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
Just got the CID makup show on & they all look as though it is put on with a trowel, all the models look awful & so orange! I was wondering earlier what on earth Alison had got on. I thought Mally looked heavy but this takes the prize.One of the models looked as though she hadn't slept for a week, poor thing.I am not buying makeup as I have made a list of things I like & work for me & am sticking to these!CID is certainly not tempting me!

I use New CID a lot. And, for me, it does achieve a natural look when I want it, and a more full-on look when that's called for. I think , sometimes, the artists demonstrating do have difficulties because, for it to show up at all on television, they have to apply much more product than they would normally need to.

Just got the CID makup show on & they all look as though it is put on with a trowel, all the models look awful & so orange! I was wondering earlier what on earth Alison had got on. I thought Mally looked heavy but this takes the prize.One of the models looked as though she hadn't slept for a week, poor thing.I am not buying makeup as I have made a list of things I like & work for me & am sticking to these!CID is certainly not tempting me!

I agree with you, it looks cheap and tacky. The make up guy is way too orange to fill me with confidence, I wouldn't let him anywhere near me ..and Ali, she looks as if she is sporting a birds nest on her head. LOL

New CID is some of the nicest make up I use and the brushes are great quality...beats Mally hands down for me.

I don't trowel it on and it lasts all day!

Last edited:
Can't say I stick to one particular brand-I've bought quite expensive bits and some not so.. like new CID.

Some of my most disappointing make up has been from Bobbi Brown suprisingly.

I went to the Beauty Bash in January & Rupert from New CID did my make up - a natural daytime look, he said to always use a small amount of product. I was really pleased with the result & I found Rupert to be very charming & no heavy sales pitch either. I've never used New CID before but I will be very interested to see their next TSV

I actually like quite relatively strong make-up.....however I think CID looks cheap rather than nice or even flattering strong.

I still buy some of LG's stuff mainly her eye rimz,I like those - but have gone off a lot of her stuff.

I'm such a make up junkie that I actually prefer going to the high street and having a peruse.

I've never tried Mally and never will and although I did buy some Models Prefer back in the day,I wouldn't touch any of her stuff now #verydated

Not for me but I think different ages go for different looks, the slap it on with a trowel with 6 sets of eyelashes and orange skin look seems quite popular with the teens and early 20s girl I see on the commute into work at the moment.

I agree with you, it looks cheap and tacky. The make up guy is way too orange to fill me with confidence, I wouldn't let him anywhere near me ..and Ali, she looks as if she is sporting a birds nest on her head. LOL

that is a vast Improvement on the "shelf" she was sporting earlier.

I find colour of foundation etc very hard to get right and since it is usually the most expensive it is a real bummer.

mind you when the beauty expert
looks wrong what hope have I

Just for the record, I'm very pale and have no hint of orange, I never use false eyelashes, but then I'm not in my 20s … but I do love New CID. And some Mally, Laura Geller and Bobbi Brown too!

I think a lot depends on the way you put your make up on. I use estee lauder doublewear, and just one coat, but i do agree
the younger girls in work seem to wear a lot of heavier make up and more coloured than i would wear. I think its an age thing,
i like to look natural, the stronger look seems to be in for younger ones IMO

How we all like different things-- just as well!I am going away soon ( sun) so LEAVING UK!Am going to use Ultrasun face SPF 30 as day cream.Clinique Moisture Surge & LG B&B as a powder & concealer. Bobbi B cream blusher & Longwear eye shadow / lip gloss/ Benefit mascara.I don't use Bobbi foundations as they are too yellow, my Clinique has a more pink base.I keep thinking I am going to give all this ( interest in makeup/skincare) but I will still be going ( hopefully) when I'm in my 80's! OH by the way--- why are they talking 'anti ageing' from mid 20'?!!!

Latest posts

Back