Neom Candles

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
Gorgeous.

I didnt get mine from Q but will be looking out for the shows from now on. If you like more subtle fragrances than Yankee's "blow your head off with the smell of a cake" approach then you may like Neom.

I won a Neom competition on Feelunique and the prize was 4 candles, a room mist and 2 reed diffusers. Was very worried before they arrived as Yankee candles give me migraines but the Neom ones appear to be made of different stuff. They are expensive but are truely marvellous. My favourite is the Refresh - Sicillian Lemon and Basil.
The QVC prices are quite good (apart from the p&p).

I might give them a whirl, especially if they are more subtle than the 'Hedgehog and Bathmat' offerings Yankee are putting out. I used to love the Sunwashed Linen (a fresh, clean fragrance) and Sandalwood (reminded me of the 70's somehow). Both discontinued now, unfortunately.

I love Neom Candles....tried them after BB first recommended them. Yankee gave me headaches too so I have no intention of lighting them in my house any more. Perhaps I'll sort out my small stock and offer them in The Drop if anyone's interested.

I have never been a fan of candles, but there was a sampler set with holders which I liked the look off from Yankee, so I brought it.
I suffer from migraines so will never use plug-ins etc as they make me feel bad.
The box arrived and smelt really strong, but I thought I would give it a go - well once lit I can barely smell them.
Are the bigger jar candles as much of a wash out as the smaller ones.
I know people on here love them, but they seem to have no smell to me.

I wonder if it depends on the fragrances chosen? I tend to go for the cotton/linen type which seem to have a softer fragrance but a friend swears by anything fruity which is much too powerful for me.

I noticed today that both Asda and B&Q sells a small range of Yankee now, so if you have access to either of these stores, might be worth seeing if they have anything you like as they are quite a bit cheaper than Q, samplers about £1.29.

I can only use natural oil candles. Using anything from cheapo>Glade>Yankee gives me an allergic reaction (starts off with a metallic taste and ends up with my eyes puffed so much I can hardly see!). Happy to see that a lot of candles now have allergy warnings on them. Sad to see that M&S no longer seems to sell their natural wax versions and they're fast disappearing from Waitrose, too. Sigh.

Aren't all the neom fragrances blends? I tend to favour a single predominant scent. I don't like blended coffee either :giggle:

The only one that doesn't seem to have an "and" in the title is "Moroccan blush rose" of which i have the diffuser. Lovely but it doesn't throw the smell around enough for me. The candle i have is lavender, jasmine and brazillian rosewood and it's amaaaazeballs. Makes Yankee smell like bog freshener.

How are you with chocolate vamps! Are we strictly single bean on that too?

The only one that doesn't seem to have an "and" in the title is "Moroccan blush rose" of which i have the diffuser. Lovely but it doesn't throw the smell around enough for me. The candle i have is lavender, jasmine and brazillian rosewood and it's amaaaazeballs. Makes Yankee smell like bog freshener.

How are you with chocolate vamps! Are we strictly single bean on that too?

If I never ate chocolate again it wouldn't bother me Burlz, but I would pick at Valrhona plain and it's what I use for cooking. I do love chocolate desserts, preferably boozy (gateau Diane, a proper roulade, drool, drool), though only black forest gateau as a cake. Chocolate fudge cake would be my idea of hell. It's funny how the must have cocoa bean at any time will be whatever Nestle have best stock of though.

I gave a diptyque candle as a gift and it really was delightful. You get so used to things being hyped and falling short of expectations that it was a joy to have something hit the target. I might try Moroccan Blush if I see a good offer somewhere down the line.

Latest posts

Back