My amazing whistling earrings...!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PearlyQueen

Liverpool Supporter
I bought these back on silver day (not at sale price though :():
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.686125

I was wearing them out today, and there was a gale force wind blowing straight at me. I could hear it whistling through the alley I was walking past - but the noise kept following me as I walked!
I finally twigged that the wind was so strong and head-on that it was finding the holes where my earrings are puffed and blowing straight through them like a tin whistle!
A most bizarre experience!

That reminds me of being a student back in the 80s when we all wore 'sleeper' earrings.......

We had to cycle down a steep hill to one of our lectures - if you went fast enough, and had just the right sized hoops, you could make your earrings whistle:eek:

Not something I've thought about for twenty years! weird things that students do lol

That reminds me of being a student back in the 80s when we all wore 'sleeper' earrings.......

We had to cycle down a steep hill to one of our lectures - if you went fast enough, and had just the right sized hoops, you could make your earrings whistle:eek:

Not something I've thought about for twenty years! weird things that students do lol

Funny, isn't it, that we called them 'sleepers' even when they were way too large to wear to bed. When did they become just 'hoops'?

Aw... Anne C the wind puffed and blowed through them like a tin whistle... so cute!

Latest posts

Back