Murana Gold TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We recently went to Venice for a weekend treat. Unbeknown to me, Mr Lily got me a beautiful, big, Murano heart shaped necklace for Christmas, (it's gorgeous, green, with gold swirls, on a black multi stranded silk cord. :1:), and I bought a string of beads for myself.
I love coloured glass of any sort, but Murano is my favourite - but it's so expensive on QVC. There is lots for sale in Venice, it's in nearly every shop you go into. It's of variable quality, obviously, but even so, it is very reasonably priced in comparison to QVC - which I find rather surprising, what with Venice being otherwise the most expensive place we have ever visted!

We recently went to Venice for a weekend treat.

Oooh, how lovely! I adore Venice, but agree it is prohibitively expensive. And I've bought lots of Murano glass, there and on Murano itself. Mostly those lovely plain hearts and tear-drop shapes. Wonderful clear colours.

But, without being able to spend a huge amount of money, I find many of the designs rather basic. And of course, I can't afford to buy gold settings there.

I've always assumed the cost of QVC's Murano is bumped up by the gold, but that it still works out cheaper than buying in Italy.

But I do like their designs. I've got a lot of QVC's stuff, anyhow!

Please may we see a picture of your Christmas necklace?

Theres a lovely Murano bracelet on QVC but the reviews are awful,nearly everyone said that the bracelet fell apart when being worn.I really wanted to get this a couple of weeks ago and it was on EZ pays too but I resisted after reading the reviews,I was glad I did as it was quite an expensive piece.Would be tempted on a nice necklace though,cant believe how many decent TSVs are on over the next few days,its like Christmas all over again...kipling ....yankee ....murano....and its my birthday next week...a really big one with a zero at the end ...yippeeeeeeeee

oh no a murano gold TSV too close to yankee will be interested in what it is I'm a recent convert to murano gold and have 3 rings now which I love and got some lovely murano prezzies for xmas. I've been really impressed.

Fingers crossed this works,

Mollysfirstegg003.jpg

and hope it doesn't look like soap on a rope, as someone remarked on the forum earlier today!

Not like soap at all.

GORGEOUS PaL.

I love the colours. Did Mr L pick that all by himself?

Wonderful present.

Thank you! Yes, he chose it himself, he knows my tastes very well, and always picks me something nice as a surprise. Green is my favourite colour. :35: My 'main' present was another hen house, but he also gave me a cockerel weathervane and the heart shaped necklace :1:

Thank you! Yes, he chose it himself, he knows my tastes very well, and always picks me something nice as a surprise. Green is my favourite colour. :35: My 'main' present was another hen house, but he also gave me a cockerel weathervane and the heart shaped necklace :1:

He's a prince!

bellisimo necklace!
what good taste he has!
thankyou Satis for the birthday greetings...wish I was 20 again...and thanks for the advice to spend spend spend hehe

Latest posts

Back