Ms Roberts, those leggings are..........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rozzy

Registered Shopper
....so worn that they're see-through. I like Julia but honestly it's not a good look. In the Kipling hour, "the leggings" (they've got a life of their own!) looked just like a pair of tights and that there should have been a skirt on top, they were all baggy and properly see through.
C'mon Julia luv, get a grip!:emo::rock:

I agree, not a good look.
Although Julia has slender arms & legs, I'm afraid that she is too rotund to carry that style off.

Although Julia has slender arms & legs, I'm afraid that she is too rotund to carry that style off.

Rotund. A great word to describe Queen Julia. Not sure she'd agree though, or quite a few on here either.

It's almost 'Burns Night' and to quote one of his famous lines...to see ourselves as others see us! From many a blunder it would free us. Ms Roberts clearly sees something completely different from us.

Those leggings are jeggings. Julia explained on air once that they are denim at the front and stretch at the back. Sounded weird to me at the time but it would mean that the front would fade like denim does so hopefully what we're seeing in colour fade rather than flesh!

The "jeggings" and the sparkly top were truly awful, very unforgiving in all the wrong places, and the elastene wasn't working, and not to mention the toe posts . . .

New Year's resolution ditch the jeggings and toe posts!!!

Minim !! Shock Horrorr !!! Wash your mouth out !! Daring to use that word about our Miss R:grin:

Not a good look though. That top she wears is positively straining.

Just lately JR has been looking OK but this morning I switched TV over at 7 - OMG, she looked awful. Her backside looked huge and she was totally Max Wall. I like JR and don't like bitching about her, but if she does read these threads - ditch the bl**dy jeggings they do absolutely nothing for you. They look well past their sell by date.

° ○
○°○°○
○°○ ○

But, she is rotund! I'm not having a pop at her - I like Julia.
(Hard to speak with bubbles foaming)

I have slim arms and legs and carry my weight round the middle.I always think JR would look so fabulous in the pencil skirt and heels look.I just think shes been at QVC so long,that shes almost just *comfy* in what she chooses to wear.

No that top looked awful too, certanly wasn`t skimming her body, it was clinging in all the wrong places so coupled with the` legging jegging`s` wasn`t one of her better looks. Overall with the tweets too not a good night for Julia at all !!
I think around the 50-60 mark isn`t a good time to keep having your confidence knocked especially in public, don`t think I could hack it!!
I think you would need elephant hide for it not to affect you. I hope the pay is worth it!!

This might seem a bit odd but I think that a presenter (or anyone else who has to address a public audience as I used to do), should be dressed in such a way that the audience don't notice /aren't distracted by what you are wearing. I know they have to wear the relevant clothes on "fashion" shows but otherwise their appearance should be neutral and well groomed. IMO Debbie Greenwood and Pippa are the most appropriately dressed, and maybe Cathy and Ann D.

Linda xx

I like her too but she doesn't dress to suit her shape and I can't understand why she can't see that. If she wore ordinary straight leg jeans and a longer cardigan, worn open, with a cami or something she would look so much better. She also needs to think about covering her arms a bit more. Of course I am perfect.....

no idea what is happening at qvc towers JR and AY don't seem to know how to dress atm those jeggings were so unflattering as for the toe posts it's bloomin jan not june

Why is it that the word jeggings makes me cringe? It is SOOOO Ideal World (that is where I heard it first I think). I wouldn't buy a pair just because of what they are named. Also hate it when people refer to leggings as leggin's.

There comes a time when you have to start dressing your age... No I`m not saying you have to be dowdy and old fashioned but Julia`s outfit the other night proves the point ...the same on a young body would have looked totally different.
I too think she is so comfy in her surroundings and that maybe why we see those dreadful toe posts all the time, wouldn`t surprise me if she turned up in her bedroon slippers one day!!

There comes a time when you have to start dressing your age... No I`m not saying you have to be dowdy and old fashioned but Julia`s outfit the other night proves the point ...the same on a young body would have looked totally different.
I too think she is so comfy in her surroundings and that maybe why we see those dreadful toe posts all the time, wouldn`t surprise me if she turned up in her bedroon slippers one day!!

they probably are her bedroom slippers.

I think she's giving us Forumites the virtual "two fingers" by continuing to wear the jeggings/toe post combo and is sending out the message that she won't give in to pressure. Besides they give her the endless publicity she craves as in the case with "haircut gate". It's obviously deliberate because who would actually CHOOSE to wear something that makes them look like a barrel on legs.

Latest posts

Back