Monsoon TSV 18/3/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got loads in their sale, needed some nice black for my mother’s funeral, got 60% off. Beautiful quality, unfortunately nothing went back :(. But I wanted to look my best for mom, she would have approved, so no guilt at the spending!
I'm sorry about your mum 💐I too wanted to look good for mine & in one of her lucid moments she said that she wanted her funeral to be like a garden party & for me to buy a dress that I'd wear again, I heard you ma. My dad died a year later & everyone wore one item that was yellow because he loved the colour & had a sunny character. The first funeral I attended was my grandmother's, she was a very smart lady & would have approved of my outfit especially the killer heels. If we care about how we look for those we love that should be automatic on the day we say farewell.

Over here the funeral takes place within 3 days of death so it doesn’t give any time to buy anything (anyway going shopping would be frowned upon) up until recently most had clothes kept for ”good” so that was usually used but nowadays with less going to church and less keeping things good it’s more or less what you can get out of your wardrobe.

Years ago I was very unimpressed when people didn’t wear smart formal clothes to funerals but a young relative died suddenly under very tragic circumstances and all his friends turned up in jeans etc but they were so devastated and we were heartbroken that what they were wearing was of no consequence.

Another relative, who was the life and soul of the party, asked for no black clothes and as it was late summer there was a lot of strappy dresses and sandals.

Monsoon V Neck Top with Smock Detail

Attachments

• Monsoon.jpg
    Monsoon.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 216
This blouse reminds me of a uniform blouse we once had in my last job. I worked for the Sally Army but as a civilian not as a Salvationist. The Salvationists wore their white shirts/blouses with epaulettes and SA insignia but us civvies had to wear a uniform too.
The Cpt would choose which uniform we`d to have and order it from workwear companies every year and over the years we had blouses which varied from downright ugly to passable styles as worn in banks or building societies.
One year we were given blouses which several of us swore we`d seen elsewhere but couldn`t think where until one day I turned up for a hospital appointment and was ushered through very quickly and the Doctor I saw asked me which hospital department I worked in as I was clearly one of theirs ? It then clicked that their admin staff wore the identical blouses. I did tell the Doc that no I wasn`t one of theirs but that I was very grateful for the short wait and 121 treatment but I don`t think he was as a pleased as I was.

It is very un-Monsoon like. Everything I have from Monsoon is in more natural fabrics but this looks like your usual poly garbage. Do companies actually make awful things just for QVC? Joe Browns is another one. Gorgeous clothes on their own website and absolute monstrosities on QVC.

CC

Latest posts

Back