Molton Brown TSV 06/10/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A great saving: if you were to buy the items in either option in this collection individually, directly from Molton Brown you'd pay £114

2 x 300ml shower gel £25 each cost £14.46 each
1 x 300ml hand wash £22 cost £12.74
2 x 100ml shower gel £12 each cost £6.94
6 x 30ml shower gels £3 each cost £1.735 each

Total £114 cost £65.95 incl p&p used in calculations.
Thanks SCW for prices.

I was tempted but just got some shower gels at £12.50 & hand wash at £11 from the outlet.

Me too Claire. I always think it's expensive when I'm buying it but it lasts for ages and my skin has been so much better since I started using it. I also gift it to my son in law who was having problems with his skin and this helped him.
I’m so impressed with it! I don’t actually know why I was even looking at MB!
Hubby has really itchy skin and has to be very careful which products he uses. This has stopped the itching and really calmed his skin down. Amazing product.

So £114 if bought direct from MB. And this is £62, so not even half price. And £3.95 postage! So £65.95 total. That is a lot of money….
And if you calculate it against the QVC price it’s only about a third off. As I found a bottle of Silver Birch in my cupboard and can live without the handwash, I’ll give this one a miss. Amazon have a prime day next week so I’ll see what they have to offer. Hopefully QVC will have a three or four pack of just shower gels at some time.

Question: if you’d never heard Molton Brown and use big standard high street shops ones, would you be offended if you were given a Molton Brown handwash for Christmas?

Any MB I usually get from the outlet shop in Gretna but to be honest I’ve yet to find any that I really like apart from the soap blocks. What are your favourites as admit I haven’t tried many.

And if you calculate it against the QVC price it’s only about a third off. As I found a bottle of Silver Birch in my cupboard and can live without the handwash, I’ll give this one a miss. Amazon have a prime day next week so I’ll see what they have to offer. Hopefully QVC will have a three or four pack of just shower gels at some time.

Question: if you’d never heard Molton Brown and use big standard high street shops ones, would you be offended if you were given a Molton Brown handwash for Christmas?
Yes Battiola I think I probably would be, To me they look just like the ones you get in the supermarkets, like Baylis and Harding I think they're called, for a couple of pounds. I wouldn't be offended as such as a gift's a gift, but I certainly wouldn't think you'd spent the money you would have done on them.

Going on the time I donated some MB as a raffle prize which was commented on rather negatively by a woman who had no idea and just saw it as hand wash = cheap as chips from Tescos I suspect it would be wasted.

Wonder if they'll relent on the p&p if it's not selling by the weekend launch...they did that with the Elemis tsv a few months ago 🤔

Yes Battiola I think I probably would be, To me they look just like the ones you get in the supermarkets, like Baylis and Harding I think they're called, for a couple of pounds. I wouldn't be offended as such as a gift's a gift, but I certainly wouldn't think you'd spent the money you would have done on them.

Going on the time I donated some MB as a raffle prize which was commented on rather negatively by a woman who had no idea and just saw it as hand wash = cheap as chips from Tescos I suspect it would be wasted.
I think a lot of people haven’t heard of Molton Brown , l’Occitane et al., and buy high street brands like Palmolive, Carex, Cussons and own brands. Apart from the MB Christmas Frankincense set I bought a long while ago and Amber Cocoon when I could get it, I think all my MB handwashes have been part of sets with shower gels.

I draw the line at using the £1 a bottle stuff you can find because I should imagine they are one step away from washing up liquid but there are some lovely body washes and hand washes for much less money than MB.
I can understand someone buying an expensive perfume because a good perfume lasts hours on your skin, is economical to use because a couple of small squirts does the job etc but let`s face it no matter how much your pay for stuff to wash your bits and pieces, it all ends up down the drain, literally.
I must admit when my youngest son still lived at home I regularly bought the ABC bodywash because he loved it but also because as a very fair skinned red head he was prone to breakouts on his face, back and chest and he was adamant it helped. We simply shared one of the large bottles which was kept in the shower.
When he left home I stopped buying it and since then I have used many different brands, some cheaper than others but none of them as expensive as MB. I just can`t see the point.
My dentist used to have MB handwash in their toilet but nowadays they have much cheaper brands so even dentists are cutting back on paying silly money to wash your hands !

i think its great & i know quite a few have bought quite a few of this tsv already
Ah at last! Someone on my side :D I know it's ridiculously expensive but I'm going to get it as MB is one of the brands I really love and everything else I buy is bargain basement. I might wait though and see if they drop the P&P.

CC

Ah at last! Someone on my side :D I know it's ridiculously expensive but I'm going to get it as MB is one of the brands I really love and everything else I buy is bargain basement. I might wait though and see if they drop the P&P.

CC
if they do youl get refunded automatically usually & yeah i know people who have bouhgt 2 or 3 of each ect

CC
Then you just go for it! It is expensive but if you love it why not?! We all need a treat now and again.

Latest posts

Back