Misinformation from Andrew B regarding a product.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

backstreetgirl

Registered Shopper
I was watching the Gatineau show a few nights ago, there was a set of three Nourishing Lip Balms that I was interested in. Andrew gave the ingredients and said there was hyaluronic acid in them too. I'm a great lover of hyaluronic acid so I was very interested & it seemed a good deal. When I looked at the ingredients on QVCs page there was no mention of hyaluronic acid. I did some Googling to see if it was mentioned on other sites as containing HA, nope no mention. So I sent Andrew a message on his Facebook Gatineau page to check if it did actually contain HA. Nothing for a day or so, and then it was 'liked' by him (or whoever runs his page) and that was it! Not helpful at all. Why like a question and not actually answer it? I know there was HA in the previous defi lift lip balms but that's unavailable at the moment. I was really disappointed at the lack of response and obviously didn't go on to buy them.

This is the info on QVCs page:

Contains:

3 x Perfection Ultime Nourishing Lip Balm SPF 15 (3.7g) in Rouge, Rose and Café - enriched with SPF 15, vitamin E, coconut oil, soybean oil, candelilla wax and beeswax

Here is what is says on The Beauty Room who seem to be the main Gatineau seller.

Soybean Oil, Corn Extract, Candelilla Wax & Beeswax - Deeply nourish, hydrate and soften.
Vitamin E - Conditions and helps protect from free radicals.
SPF 15 - Protects from UV damage and pollution.

So those are the ingredients.

Andrew liar liar.

Here is what is says on The Beauty Room who seem to be the main Gatineau seller.

Soybean Oil, Corn Extract, Candelilla Wax & Beeswax - Deeply nourish, hydrate and soften.
Vitamin E - Conditions and helps protect from free radicals.
SPF 15 - Protects from UV damage and pollution.

So those are the ingredients.

Andrew liar liar.

Yes I found just those ingredients on other websites too, such as All Beauty & Look Fantastic (different colour but still same product).

Giving incorrect information about a specific ingredient could cause issues for some people so I hope he doesn't wing it about other products. I heard Marla's No.1 cheerleader make the following claim today - "She was the first person to do jersey shirts". Really? Is this just for the Q or any company that sells stretchy polyester blouses?

Well my message (the one that either Andrew or someone from Gatineau 'liked') has been removed from their Facebook page, with me none the wiser. I'm not very impressed.
So many presenters just wing it. He's a sales man /entrepreneur who's media friendly - not a skincare guru.
I remember Alexis muttering about natures natural botox, & she should have said natural retinol which is what the cream alegedly contains. In the next presentation it was'natural retiinol'
Worst was when Nassif was calling retinol 'vitamin D' (It's A!!!!!!) & he's a doc!

ETA have rsi, so typing will be **** & stacatto from now.

So many presenters just wing it. He's a sales man /entrepreneur who's media friendly - not a skincare guru.
I remember Alexis muttering about natures natural botox, & she should have said natural retinol which is what the cream alegedly contains. In the next presentation it was'natural retiinol'
Worst was when Nassif was calling retinol 'vitamin D' (It's A!!!!!!) & he's a doc!

ETA have rsi, so typing will be **** & stacatto from now.
Ooo-err SB.😂 Staccato **** ? Is that similar to projectile vomiting ?
(Apols if too gross - I’m bored, might have a granny-nap)

Latest posts

Back