Mis-spelt reviews.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
Given the amount of funny business that goes on with reviews, you'd think Q would bother to correct spellings before they broadcasted them on air. They just showed one for Decleor saying "shear luxury".

I'm not bashing people who can't spell. I think we have to accept it as the norm now, sadly. But presumably someone at Q can so why not just correct it before showing it?

Lazy production.

I have seen spelling mistakes on the description of goods on screen in the past so maybe they haven't got a spell checking system.

Maybe legally they can't, or they cut and paste them to the screen?

I'm going to try sending in some fake reviews. They'll be QVC's dream, except that they'll have a great big dirty swear word stuck in the middle.
"Holy **** it's good"
"Just f*cking BUY IT"
Etc

And we'll see if they get published without the filth.

Of course some reviews dont get published but the ones that do i like to think QVC dont alter them. Bb isnt this wot u were talking about in the thread with Graham, posts like this are probably the reason Qvc dont wanna do business with Graham ? Im not saying this post is wrong in the slightest coz as far as i was aware this isnt a QVC fan page and personally i prefer posts like this than some u get on there FB page .

Its a sorry state of affairs when a school advertises a job to proof read pupil reports prepared by teachers before they get posted out to parents. This happened locally. What hope is there if teachers cannot spell and use correct grammar?

Of course some reviews dont get published but the ones that do i like to think QVC dont alter them. Bb isnt this wot u were talking about in the thread with Graham, posts like this are probably the reason Qvc dont wanna do business with Graham ? Im not saying this post is wrong in the slightest coz as far as i was aware this isnt a QVC fan page and personally i prefer posts like this than some u get on there FB page .

Scbu no it isn't what I was talking about in the other thread. I very much doubt whether threads like this are the cause of any problem, although I've doubtless been an instigator or contributor to those that are.

But the bottom line is that we don't really know what QVC'S problem is, do we. And i have no intention of posting as some sort of BurlyBear-lite on the off chance that it may help, when apparently it's too late anyway.

What I WILL be doing is trying to balance my vile, negative, borderline libellous, and all round not very nice musings with some that are more complimentary. When appropriate.

Last edited:
Scbu no it isn't what I was talking about in the other thread. I very much doubt whether threads like this are the cause of any problem, although I've doubtless been an instigator or contributor to those that are.

But the bottom line is that we don't really know what QVC'S problem is, do we. And i have no intention of posting as some sort of BurlyBear-lite on the off chance that it may help, when apparently it's too late anyway.

What I WILL be doing is trying to balance my vile, negative, borderline litigious, and all round not very nice musings with some that are more complimentary. When appropriate.
That'll be interesting to see BurlyB, but don't change too much, wouldn't be the same without your " uhem" usual lookout on things​

Its a sorry state of affairs when a school advertises a job to proof read pupil reports prepared by teachers before they get posted out to parents. This happened locally. What hope is there if teachers cannot spell and use correct grammar?

Now THAT is a sorry state of affairs if teachers cannot spell properly, however, I blame a lot of poor spellings and grammar on text messaging. Both my Son's text a LOT and I remember telling them that they should spell everything out correctly and they moaned that it took too long blah, blah, blah, BUT I said that they would end up spelling this way as the norm and they did not believe me UNTIL I read a couple of essays etc and pointed out that they had put text language in there! :doh:

Now THAT is a sorry state of affairs if teachers cannot spell properly, however, I blame a lot of poor spellings and grammar on text messaging. Both my Son's text a LOT and I remember telling them that they should spell everything out correctly and they moaned that it took too long blah, blah, blah, BUT I said that they would end up spelling this way as the norm and they did not believe me UNTIL I read a couple of essays etc and pointed out that they had put text language in there! :doh:

My DD is 32 but I remember way back to her junior school days going to an Open Night and seeing spelling mistakes in notices pinned to the wall - written by the teacher, God help us! Education ain't wot it useter be that's for sure! I was appalled in my working days at some of the job applications we used to receive - illegible handwriting, awful spelling, non-existent grammar...they just ended up in the bin. But you can't blame the pupils if the teacher is crap! My boss had me proof-reading his daughter's A-level work and fetched her in so I could explain it to her..I meantersay, isn't that the teacher's job, not the father's secretary's responsibility..?!

I don't have an axe to grind here because I am neither a mother nor a teacher but I can't agree that blame should be directed entirely at teachers. Don't parents have any input in the basic education of their children nowadays?

I don't have an axe to grind here because I am neither a mother nor a teacher but I can't agree that blame should be directed entirely at teachers. Don't parents have any input in the basic education of their children nowadays?

I did..but that was a long time ago, I'm an old battleaxe now! When I read about kiddies starting school still wearing nappies and unable to use cutlery to eat a meal, my blood boils! I dunno...some parents don't seem to even talk to their young, never mind try and help with their education, and younger teachers, well I think they were failed by the education system too, not having their spelling and grammar corrected for instance - the all-important "content" seemed to be the thing..

I suppose people also rely too heavily on predictive text and American spell checkers.

Latest posts

Back