lulu guinness..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

May

Registered Shopper
gawd ...still cant believe the price of her bags....id rather buy a chanel with the kudos attached rather than a chanel "looking" bag with her lips on it...just switched on and hubby didnt realise that the 60quid ...was easy paymnts and the price was actully 200 odd......sorry to her fans ...give me chanel anyday if im paying that price....:mysmilie_479: the presenter digging a whole saying to the affect of...this bag will be worth more money in a few years....really? :::thinking: and drawing attention to extortionate price very awkardly.whoopsi::mysmilie_505:

I've got a couple of the LG bags in her quirkier designs and I love them.... it's just a matter of personal taste.

When I use mine, they put a smile on my face every time.... whereas a Chanel just would not have the same effect.

"Collectors will use the dust cover to protect their investment"!
gawd ...still cant believe the price of her bags....id rather buy a chanel with the kudos attached rather than a chanel "looking" bag with her lips on it...just switched on and hubby didnt realise that the 60quid ...was easy paymnts and the price was actully 200 odd......sorry to her fans ...give me chanel anyday if im paying that price....:mysmilie_479: the presenter digging a whole saying to the affect of...this bag will be worth more money in a few years....really? :::thinking: and drawing attention to extortionate price very awkardly.whoopsi::mysmilie_505:

I'm wondering what kind of Chanel bag you can buy for the price of a Lulu Guiness bag?

You can add a cool £1000 to that price and you still wouldn't have enough for a Chanel bag......

yes i agree the personal taste bit but id rather by a faux chanel or save up .....if they bring alot of joy then great but i think they bring more joy to lulu's bank balance ....presenter said that lulu hs a great sense of humour ...yeah laughing all the way to the bank ....:mysmilie_845:

yes i agree the personal taste bit but id rather by a faux chanel or save up .....if they bring alot of joy then great but i think they bring more joy to lulu's bank balance ....presenter said that lulu hs a great sense of humour ...yeah laughing all the way to the bank ....:mysmilie_845:

...and those counterfeiters who make fake designer goods (that you'd rather buy)... they won't be in it for the money? They are organised criminals... not philanthropists.

I believe in live and let live. We all have stuff that makes us say "ooh" or "urgh"... If some of us want to buy a Lulu Guinness bag then why not just leave us to it?

Some people spend a fortune on nail polish, others cigarettes... It's a personal choice.

i didnt say i would get one ...i said i would "rather" have one....or indeed a chanel lookalike bag sold in bhs quilted patent leather bag......and dont get me started on primark::mysmilie_486:

im not saying people shouldnt buy anything im saying i cant understand the attraction thats all...espeacially for the money ...little purses for nearly 100quids ...anyway just my take on the lulu thing...ou either"get it" or you dont and i guess i8 just dont:happy:

I can't understand the attraction of cycling but it brings pleasure to millions.

If you want to know why people buy the bags you only have to ask.... :talking:

I buy them because I love the quirky designs that make me smile even when I'm having a bad day... Just like my Kipling monkey (some people remove them... I love them).

Yes, LG bags are more expensive than some on the high street (and less than others) but, hey, that applies to most things in life.

When LG first started off her bags were different and exciting. I bought one years ago and haven`t seen another one like it and I paid a lot of money for it at the time. I bought it from LG herself because at that time she didn`t sell anywhere else. Nowadays I feel its only her name people are buying and not originality or even designer anymore. Q sells thousands of the same bags to thousands of people, they`re now mass produced and probably made abroad and the only thing LG actually has to do with them is to appear on Q and sell them. Its so sad when this happens, you get wonderful creative people who begin by selling something original and then they get too big and they become mass producers. The Alex Monroe stuff talked about on another thread was the same, at first he made every piece himself but now they`re moulded, mass produced for the likes of John Lewis and other stores and workers " hand finish" them. Nowadays I`d look for new up and coming designers ( they all begin somewhere just like LG did ) and would buy into them at the bottom floor as it were. People are entitled to buy what they choose but once a brand gets too big then the only thing often keeping it exclusive is the price tag because everything else is farmed out to factories, big advtertisers and big investors and big profits.

i can understand why people like them..who doesnt love a handbag? .i cant understand the price people pay for them that is all ...i dont think ...and this is in my humble opinion ....that they are worth the price tag....i can undestand to a certain extent why people pay for chanel the name is very prestigous ....pricey for sure ....horses for courses i suppose but im glad i havnt been pulled in ....the only reason they are designer and exclusive is because of the price....as Vienna said they are now mass produced...:mysmilie_492: thats my take on things with millionaire Lulu:mysmilie_508:

They don't float my boat - although i did love the doll face (?) one.But think thats just more my style/scene rather than it being a LG bag.

I'm not bothered by most of the LG bags. I bought one online recently and it was very well made, nice fabric but it was so heavy that I wouldn't have ever used it. Was in London yesterday visiting Anish Kapoor's sculpture tower (last day it was possible to visit for a while) and I had a fabric kipling bag that I managed to cram in a 500ml water litre bottle and a newspaper.

...i cant understand the price people pay for them that is all ...i dont think ...and this is in my humble opinion ....that they are worth the price tag....i can undestand to a certain extent why people pay for chanel the name is very prestigous ....pricey for sure ....horses for courses i suppose but im glad i havnt been pulled in ....the only reason they are designer and exclusive is because of the price....as Vienna said they are now mass produced... thats my take on things with millionaire Lulu

But, is a Chanel worth (inch for inch of fabric) so much more than any other bag just because of the "prestige"?

Some of us don't buy things for the label or the brand and I haven't got "sucked in" to anything other than buying something I liked. I would have bought it if Asda had made it because I loved the design.

By the way, why shouldn't LG enjoy the profits from her business? So what if she's a millionaire?

Years ago I bought my daughter a LG purse in Debenhams in the sale. It was very well made, but nothing like the price you would have to pay now. Good on Lulu, I say if she's made a great success of her BRITISH business. While I personally wouldn't buy one of her bags (I'm too mean to pay that sort of money!) I don't begrudge anyone who does, their money their choice & I do tune into the LG shows because I happen to like her sense of humour, which at least she possesses, unlike anothe British designer on QVC.

The only reason I have not purchased is that there isnt a style which would suit me and at that price it would have to be near perfect.
mind you in so saying I bought more expensive bags which turned out to be not quite as perfect as I had hoped lol.

If the right bag at the right price came along I would be happy to indulge. As I dont like crook of the arm bags that rules out most of them. I. have only ever see one "in the flesh" and it was just lovely, I was sorely tempted but knew I wouldn't use the style

Latest posts

Back