loves and hates of a handbag addict

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
I buy handbags from £00's to £25 quid and everything in between but still long for the perfect bag.

I can't do short handle crook of the arm 'queen' style bags so LG ruled out

I have nothing against Kipling but personally think fabric straps will never be dressy so despite the presenter's spiel they are not suitable for weddings etc

personal hate is short and long straps together - live in hope I will find one where the SHORT handles are detachable

don,'t clutches as they don't shut over my glasses case.

I have to have an outside pocket as I get mad if I have to search for my keys.

And we haven't even started on size - I want that magic bag which looks compact but is a tardis inside

By the way when did a purse on a string become a handbag/clutch.

I agree Kipling will never be 'dressy'. I like bags that are small but have to hold my big brush, hairspray and everything else too! My friend goes out in the evening without one! I would be totally lost. How do the celebs get on with their teeny tiny ones that you would just squeeze a lippy in and nothing else?

I buy handbags from £00's to £25 quid and everything in between but still long for the perfect bag.

I have nothing against Kipling but personally think fabric straps will never be dressy so despite the presenter's spiel they are not suitable for weddings etc

personal hate is short and long straps together - live in hope I will find one where the SHORT handles are detachable

And we haven't even started on size - I want that magic bag which looks compact but is a tardis inside

Lol I want the opposite. A large bag (I love the look of them) which is organised inside! I hate searching for things, I like to have my stuff in its place. Oh if only Kipling were more attractive, they would be ideal for me. lol

I hate taking a bag out in the evening too. I just like to take a small purse that I can squash a lippie and some cash into, but unfortunately my phone is too big so I end up taking a small clutch. :sad:

Oh I think bags are as personal as underwear tbh. We all look for different styles, sizes, shapes and colours of bags and what one person likes, another person might hate. Its a nightmare when you`re looking for that " ideal " bag and you can`t find it, if it even exists in the first place !

I agree Kipling will never be 'dressy'. I like bags that are small but have to hold my big brush, hairspray and everything else too! My friend goes out in the evening without one! I would be totally lost. How do the celebs get on with their teeny tiny ones that you would just squeeze a lippy in and nothing else?

They have minions/lackies to carry all the rest of their stuff.

BTW I've been watching Michael Portillo's train progs on TV, he goes all over the country and continent on trains, stays in lots of hotels, but you never see him with a suitcase.

BTW I've been watching Michael Portillo's train progs on TV, he goes all over the country and continent on trains, stays in lots of hotels, but you never see him with a suitcase.

That's what I need then when I go out! Now where did I put that lottery ticket...........?

I really enjoy those train journey shows, does that mean I'm getting old?

Wonder when Q will start selling minnions? On easy pay of course and I`d like mine to be 6ft tall, olive skinned, not too hairy and with legs like David Beckham ta ...

I like my Kiplings but agree they're not dressy - whatever, I need a big bag for all the stuff I seem to have to cart about.

I love the look of some handbags and having somewhere to put my bits & pieces,but handbags annoy the hell out of me when I am out & about.They fall off my shoulder get in the way when packing shopping .

I love the look of some handbags and having somewhere to put my bits & pieces,but handbags annoy the hell out of me when I am out & about.They fall off my shoulder get in the way when packing shopping .

Have you tried a cross-body bag? I know they're not the height of fashion but they are really good at staying in place and keeping your hands free.

Have you tried a cross-body bag? I know they're not the height of fashion but they are really good at staying in place and keeping your hands free.

I always have a cross body bag when Im out shopping but that's it.

<says in a hushed tone> I am a little bit partial to animal print every now and again :happy:

It might be because I've bought a lot over the years but I have a definite handbag type.

Leather
One single compartment with an inner zip pocket
Big enough to fit an A5 pad but not much bigger.
Definitely a handbag. No shoulder strap required.
Not slouchy.

I have one or two with a couple of compartments, pockets on the outside and more than one pocket on the inside. So I'm obviously a bit flexible.

As a recovered handbagaholic, I have definitely got a handbag type.

Organised with lots of compartments like Kipling, but preferably ( though not exclusively) leather. And definitely slouchy.

My smart bag that I use for work is a black leather Fossil Maddox.

My leather Kipling defea is my weekend bag of choice. I do have one mulberry east- west bayswater, also black but rarely use it. My baby bag is a Kipling Kos that I got cheap on Amazon. I have a couple of non leather bags- a Fiorelli Wimbledon and a limited collection Marks and Spencer one.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Oh! You sound just like me! I have a low threshold with bags and get bored very quickly. My mum said I could have opened a shop with all my bags when I was in my early teens so the rot set in when I was very young. This one is really nice, it has discreet skulls on close inspection but the handles look removeable to leave a longer one but, alas, no outside pocket! http://www.blackleathercoats.co.uk/...s-faux-leather-shoulder-bag-4041500671216434/. Your best bet is handles with buckles rather than fob style fastener I should think. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back