Lock and Lock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Maybe because you can get it a lot cheaper in Morrisons? :grin:

We don't have a Morrisons nearby unfortunately, but when I was in Cornwall I popped into Trago Mills and they had loads of Lock & Lock there with decent sizes starting at 90p !! Only in white mind, whereas some of mine from QVC is in pretty colours, but hey ho what does it matter really?

I was also in Dunelm Mills a few weeks ago and they had loads too at silly prices. :happy:

I have seen Malcolm on QVC just not with L&L. In the last couple of years L&L has almost disappeared but it is still on QVC US a lot.

L&L is available in John Lewis, Lakeland, Debenhams and House of Fraser but obviously prices and choice are not as good as what QVC used to do.

Blimey, I thought L & L was a presteeeegious brand exclusive to QVC. ! Might pop to Morrisons tomorrow....

I'm not sure what Morrisons call them (might be clip and lock), but the ones I've got from there look the same and do the job :clapping:
Morrisons often have them on offer when they are half price (that's when I get them)

http://nwcaching.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2920&start=0

They look like this:

5_1cup.gif

I was wondering what had happened to Lock and Lock, not that I would buy anymore because I've got fed up with the sets and prefer to buy what I want individually so I don't end up with cupboards of the stuff that don't get used; even though this may be more expensive in the long run.

Morrisons had the genuine L&Ls in sets - 3 round ones for £2.50 or one large square box with 2 smaller ones for £5. I had to have some as they had purple lids and turquoise lids instead of the existing 10000 clear ones I already own. These are a fab size too. They have the L&L labels on too so aren't just the shop's own version.

Avoid Sainsbury's equivalent, the ones I tried, fortunately in the shop, were all faulty. No wonder they were on special offer!

Morrisons had the genuine L&Ls in sets - 3 round ones for £2.50 or one large square box with 2 smaller ones for £5. I had to have some as they had purple lids and turquoise lids instead of the existing 10000 clear ones I already own. These are a fab size too. They have the L&L labels on too so aren't just the shop's own version.

Yes, the Lock & Locks in Dunelm Mills & Trago Mills were the real deal too, with the labels on, so no wonder QVC aren't showing them any more. The most expensive one I saw was a really big square one for £2.50!

Avoid Sainsbury's equivalent, the ones I tried, fortunately in the shop, were all faulty. No wonder they were on special offer!

I won't ask what you were trying them with; I just hope you felt relieved afterwards :cheeky:

I've only seen Morrisons own brand in their shop, but they seem just as good as L&L, and I've only bought them when they were on 1/2 price offer. I've only seen 3 or 4 sizes there though.

I have tried 'copy' L&L & have problems with the lids fitting.Would only stick to L&L now & they are available in a variety of places.QVC did offer some good sets but like TSV's only good value if you want each individual piece in the set.

I got some Addis ones which I bought from House of Frazer because they were the perfect size for taking my lunch to work however the locking system is a bit stiff and a harder to clip on and off than the L&L; but they work perfectly fine once closed.

I tried the Tesco knock-offs for Dh to take milk to work - they do the job just as well as the old L&L, but they're possibly even more expensive than L&L anyway!

I got some "NANO SILVER" boxes from IW years ago. The plastic of the whole box is impregnated with silver (making it look slightly yellow) which kills germs for the life of the box.

They are very good, and I prefer the lids to L&L as there are no lugs sticking out on the box.

Latest posts

Back