L'Ocitanne -Strange Smelling Liquid Soap

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Whatsgoinon?

Registered Shopper
I've received all my L'Ocitanne goodies and I'm really pleased with the Almond range, shower oil and hand cream, so thought I'd send for the Almond hand wash duo...just used it and its very strange smelling, not like the shower oil or hand cream, doesn't even smell of marzipan and reminds me of my old Dad's hand cleaner Swarfega. Maybe, that's a bit harsh, but it's the only thing that came to mind :mysmilie_17: It does leave your hands super soft and I will keep it because I can't be bothered to send it back!!

Not only that but when did the Bonne Mere Soaps shrink in size, mind you the one I've got is a few years old. The soaps now are 100g and the one I have is 125g...the prices go up and the soaps shrink!

Bonne Mere Soaps changed about 18 months or so ago!

The Sweet Almond Hand Wash is not the same as the Shower Oil, both almond but different scents.

I've received all my L'Ocitanne goodies and I'm really pleased with the Almond range, shower oil and hand cream, so thought I'd send for the Almond hand wash duo...just used it and its very strange smelling, not like the shower oil or hand cream, doesn't even smell of marzipan and reminds me of my old Dad's hand cleaner Swarfega. Maybe, that's a bit harsh, but it's the only thing that came to mind :mysmilie_17: It does leave your hands super soft and I will keep it because I can't be bothered to send it back!!

Not only that but when did the Bonne Mere Soaps shrink in size, mind you the one I've got is a few years old. The soaps now are 100g and the one I have is 125g...the prices go up and the soaps shrink!

That is called shrinkflation. Not kidding - it is a proper term when companies reduce the size of their products. Personally I call it sneakflation because we are not supposed to realise we are being ripped off

What annoys me is that the cameras inflate the size of the product. I bought some l'occitane stuff and when I unpacked it I thought what a rip off. But I'm no good at judging 30ml/50ml etc. So I rely on what I see.

I buy my bar soaps from Ebay. Marseille soaps and also organic olive oil soaps from Greece. Both are beautiful soaps. The Marseille soaps come in over 50 fragrances and its the same p and p whether you order one soap or ten and I use them as hand soap. The organic olive oil soaps are 2 for a fiver including delivery and are handmade in Greece and lovely in the shower.
Here`s the links if anybody is interested.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125g-savo...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item3a7b05be73
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/YouHerbIt-...95756015&_sid=135785245&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

I have to laugh at the sizes are of their products and the price they charge for them, they're like sample sizes...........only smaller.

That happened to mine recently. I bought the Verbena liquid soap in the big square bottle with the soft refill pouch. When I used up the bottle I opened the pouch to top it up and it smelled more like paint stripper so I chucked it away. It was past my 30 day mbg so I just made a mental note not to buy it again.

I like the L'Occitanne liquid soaps but I thought they had discontinued the Almond one? It is the one I would not buy as I didn't like the smell, I swap between Verbena & Lavender but they last ages & I get the refills in the pouches.

Latest posts

Back