L'Occitane lavender liquid soap query

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

alter ego

Registered Shopper
Can anyone who has bought this before help please?

I bought the OTO with the 2 lavender liquid soaps and the hand cream as it seemed a good deal - and a good idea after a tipple!

Well, it's arrived today and it's not very lavender-y. It's not much of anything really. The postage will make it a bit prohibitive to return but I will use it as I use the hand cream, and hand wash never goes to waste in our house.

But is this normal? The way Alexis was going on about it, I was expecting to be swept off to the French lavender fields, but it just smells very vaguely lavender with a touch of grass clippings. I washed my hands directly before writing this and the only thing I can smell on my hands now is... nothing. Have I got a duff batch or is this normal for liquid soap? I specifically wanted liquid soap and not hand wash as I was told I can use it to hand launder some delicate old things I have (never use, just like to keep them clean and the lavender scent is supposed to discourage moths).

I bought Bayliss & Harding hand wash that smells nicer. So disappointed. Sigh.

Totally agree with you, I love the smell of lavender but it's barely distinguishable in the shea version - this is the stuff you want and I'd definitely recommend you order it direct from L'Occitane on this deal as the QVC version includes a handcream and with the crazy P&P it's lots more money!

http://uk.loccitane.com/lavender-hand-wash-eco-duo,83,1,29790,272357.htm#s=61558

I agree, the Shea style version does not really smell of lavender at all, I was disappointed with it but the one Tarketta has indicated is lovely, I always have a sneaky squirt of the hand lotion when I am in M&S

The normal lavender handwash never had much of a smell. I bought years back was disappointed. Agree about the one in the link, that range does smell of real lavender.

i like the she version but the other one is stronger /sharper. return it and say it does not smell. insist on a full refund and buy the other one. if you were in a shop you would have had a sniff and not chosen it. just query it quickly

I love the lavender hand wash ... not the Shea one. QVC hardly ever sell it.

I'll try that M&S one Vienna. You're a brilliant source of new products!

If returned by Hermes via QVC it's not cost prohibitive at £3.65, there was a thread about it not long ago. You could also return it under the DSR and get your outward postage back.

Would I be able to return it under DSR after I've opened it?

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll have a sniff of the lavender one in L'Occitane when I'm there next. The M&S one looks like it would tick the box for an inexpensive lavender-smelling wash. Anyone know if it's hand wash or liquid soap? Anyone know what the difference is? I was just told it would be good for hand-washing small delicate items. I have no idea if hand wash would do the same thing.

The M&S one is 20% off at the minute. Mind you its only £3.50 in the first place. I've just realised I use the deodorant from this range. Bought as an emergency a few years ago and its brilliant! I never buy anything else now.

Alter Ego, for DSR purposes I wouldn't use the pump to dispense but if you're able to unscrew the whole pump you could sniff and maybe test a small amount and re-tighten the pump so that it looks brand new.

I'd agree with the advice above, phone CS and report that it's a dud without fragrance and ask for a collection or return label. :mysmilie_59:

I'm not a massive lavender fan, so I actually prefer the shea version to the one in the link. And that's much the same with the foot cream - I think it's one of the best foot creams I've used, but it has lavender in it (albeit the shea one though).

Thanks, All.

I rang CS and was offered a pick up and refund or an exchange - I didn't even have to ask! I'm assuming I'm not the only one who has found a problem with this set.

Thanks as well for the suggestions. They're on my list to "sniff" out :happy:

Warwa - the lavender scent in my foot cream is far stronger than the liquid soaps. They just smelled of cheap washing up liquid.

Latest posts

Back