L'occitane. end of the line

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
coming to the conclusion that Q is being used as a dumping ground for all of the stock that L'occitane have been unable to offload elsewhere.
"especially for QVC"
"no longer available"
"you cant get this in our stores"
"this is the last of this fragrance"

how do you feel about being fed the scrag-ends of this range...?

I popped into one of their stores during the sales and the prices were very competitive. also good prices in Debenhams too. Again I am being careful what I purchase this year and not taking at face value what I am being told on air!

Yes the store in Belfast had 50% off many items and the rest of the store had 20% off everything.

With QVC its a bit like the Kipling, we made this design colour just for you. But don't expect the pen holders etc to be in the bag.

it could be the other way round the stuff that qvc cant shift ends up in the l'occitane stores. the last tsv in the warm was available in the high street kensington store for £50.00 with no p&p. this was not a popular tsv for me as i did not think it warranted the high price. popular i think as everyone raved about the lovely box but it was full of stuff that l'occitane are selling off in the january sales.:grin:

my tip is the l'occitane amber candle. if you love a good exotic dry amber this is lush, bought 4 so far and will be buying more.

On the 11 o'clock show last night they had a set which was "amazing value for money" and Alexis said how much each individual product would be direct from L'Occitane. When the £6 P&P was added to the price shown, the saving was actually negligible. I went into the L'Occ store in Manchester city centre last week and there were some really good offers, for example massive sizes of cherry blossom shower gel and body lotion for half price. The staff are really knowledgeable and they always give you free samples of new things to try too. As BurlyBear said above, the Q seems to have been demoted to an outlet (but without outlet prices).

I wouldnt mind them doing this if they didnt use phrases like 'only available on QVC' and 'you cant get this in the stores', thus making it seem like we're getting a great deal and it is special or exclusive to QVC. Obviously I dont expect them to say 'this is the crap nobody else wanted so we're gonna flog it you', or anything but try not to mislead people into thinking something is was it is not.

xxx

I noticed yesterday the price of the 'Warm' set that I ordered just after Christmas was around the £49 mark, it was £51 yesterday? - what's that all about!!! Also on the L'Occitane website, the bergamONT (uurrggghh!!!) shower gel was in the sale, hmmmmmmm............

I noticed yesterday the price of the 'Warm' set that I ordered just after Christmas was around the £49 mark, it was £51 yesterday? - what's that all about!!! Also on the L'Occitane website, the bergamONT (uurrggghh!!!) shower gel was in the sale, hmmmmmmm............

and it's available in loccitaine stores for £50.00

On the 11 o'clock show last night they had a set which was "amazing value for money" and Alexis said how much each individual product would be direct from L'Occitane. When the £6 P&P was added to the price shown, the saving was actually negligible. I went into the L'Occ store in Manchester city centre last week and there were some really good offers, for example massive sizes of cherry blossom shower gel and body lotion for half price. The staff are really knowledgeable and they always give you free samples of new things to try too. As BurlyBear said above, the Q seems to have been demoted to an outlet (but without outlet prices).

Yes I got the Cherry Body Lotion at half price. Was well chuffed at the saving. Some other nice bits and pieces in there too!

I got one of the Verbena gift sets in Debenhams half price after Christmas. It was a good deal but I have to say I'm disappointed with the Verbena hand wash, it's so drying! I usually use Pears soap free hand wash and it's far more moisturising, despite all the shea butter supposedly in the Verbena. I also think the pump is too small for the bottle, when I press it the liquid soap goes everywhere and it clogs up overnight every night! I do love the smell but it's back to Pears for me once this bottle is gone...

there's been some lovely stuff on offer in the store in my home town. Had a good browse and wondered to myself why QVC flog such a limited choice of this brand, is it what they think will shift fast or as BB says just the stuff they can't shift.

do you remember the TSV a year or so ago? It had body lotion and shower gels in the bottles that had embossed pattern all over it. Only problem was that the bottles kept splitting or cracking around the embossed pattern. You can not find the bottles in the L'Occitane shops, but can find them on QVC in some of their packs still. Makes me think the theory of QVC shifting the stuff for l'Occitane is right

I think L'Occitane is another over-used,now fading product at QVC.I used to buy a fair bit.......now I barely tune in,to watch.I just have no interest in it-its all the same,same old,again.

I do go into the L'Occitane shop at Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth(where they also sell Ojon in another shop around the corner starting at a fiver!!!) and they always have a snigger about QVC.

I do actually still buy some of the skincare products - but never seem to see these at QVC??

Latest posts

Back