Listen and Learn Qvc

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
I ordered SBC Aloe Vera gel 500mls from Amazon on Monday morning £11.99 free p&p , it was delivered this morning, Same product is on Qvc for £21.50 + £3.95 p&p. Had I ordered it from Qvc id be lucky if it was here by Friday.

What happened to Qvc's Buying power? This rubbish Qvc comes out with about other companies charging more in order to give free p&p is aload of rubbish.

I use several different SBC products but rarely buy them from Q, only if the ones I use are in a TSV. Same as yourself Autumn I`ve found Amazon and Ebay to be on the whole, cheaper and quicker, especially if I`m only looking to buy one item.

I quite liked the look of some sonic travel toothbrushes on QVC, checked on Amazon and they were half the price, so no contest. I know people say QVC has a 30 day mbg but that never really influences me nowadays as it costs so much in postage to return & if there is anything amiss, Amazon's customer service is very good.

It isn't just Amazon either.
I ordered some things from one of the online vet supply sites for one of my dogs last weekend. Placed the order at 4pm on Saturday & the parcel arrived at 10.30am Monday, £28 worth of items & free p&p.

I turned over briefly earlier to catch Peter Kaiser shoes - one pair had P&P of £6.95 £6.95!!!! And they had what looked like plastic heels on a suede shoe. Hmmm. I ordered 3 pairs of boots from Brand Alley this week. Postage for the lot? £4.95. With FREE returns.

Don't get me wrong, I really do appreciate the MBG, especially with products I'm unfamiliar with. But more often, I'm ordering things from other companies even if the price is comparable with QVC. Bit sad really as I've always found their CS spot on.

What's happening to Trespass on QVC these days? Most of their items are on clearance or "special price". I don't buy Trespass now - I've been ordering from mountainwarehouse.com. Their quality and prices are excellent, they deliver FREE to the store if you order over £20 after discounts and no problems exchanging from the store, either or you can have it delivered at varying prices or free, depending on how much you spend - and their customer service is excellent, too. Their website is a bit iffy at the moment so I've been doing phone ordering but even so, there are some first class winter bargains to be had.

[QUOTE=alter ego;713204 I ordered 3 pairs of boots from Brand Alley this week. Postage for the lot? £4.95. With FREE returns.

You may want to check the Brandalley Facebook page - it's chaos apparently with the website update resulting in orders not being delivered. I am waiting for a couple of things which are overdue so who knows if they will arrive

I just managed to order some Yankee Candles from BrandAlley. Salted Caramel and November Rain large jars. It looked like a new site as it worked better on my phone to order this time. Fingers crossed.

Thanks MrsM - I ordered Sunday at 11.30 and they arrived on Wednesday. Not too bad, especially where I live. Hope yours turn up soon.

I've also ordered from New Look tonight before 6pm for delivery tomorrow and I've just had an email to say it has been dispatched. Yes I paid £4.95 for delivery but I don't mind as with Q you can pay £5.95 for postage and have it sitting in process for days!

Well I have to say I ordered mascara from Beauty Bay yesterday, free p&p, and received it today! Beat that Q!

I just managed to order some Yankee Candles from BrandAlley. Salted Caramel and November Rain large jars. It looked like a new site as it worked better on my phone to order this time. Fingers crossed.

Thanks WG theres some great prices on there , and theres some of the latest fragrances, £11 for a large jar is very good value , just wish they had some tarts aswell.

QVC are so slow with delivery,which is a disgrace since they charge so much for p and p charges. Where other companies are much quicker and cheaper. Yet q like to blow their own trumpet about how much better they are than everyone else.

The Molton Brown I ordered on Thursday arrived on Saturday. Admittedly there was an item missing, but after sending an e-mail to them was informed another bottle would be ordered and would be here by Tuesday.Spent over £49 so free P+P.

QVC are so slow with delivery,which is a disgrace since they charge so much for p and p charges. Where other companies are much quicker and cheaper. Yet q like to blow their own trumpet about how much better they are than everyone else.

I have always found the hermes deliveries to be really quick, and as you can track them online you know when it is coming. When they post things however it is a different story. Instead of the max 3 days for hermes it is always the full 5 days if not more. Last time I rang after a no-show on Day 5 they told me it had not been posted until the day after I ordered so I should add on an extra day and call back then, which I really disagree with as they tell you a specific latest date and you should be able to chase up on that day!!! On screen they do not say 3-5 working days after we get round to posting it..... Even allowing for some TNT intervention it should not take 5 days for a small package to reach me in London - it certainly does not take Amazon that long for a book delivery on free second class postage.

Odd that, considering how quickly they take the money from my account ....

But return an item and we're expected to allow a month for the money to arrive back on our cards!

Part of the problem is that QVC has always presented itself as a middle class target audience, which may have been fine in the 90's, with its high delivery prices and slow delivery times.

However times have changed. I suspect that customers are now more informed than ever before and also have a far greater choice of sourcing EVERYTHING on line and cheaper and faster since Q's launch.

Q still seems sometimes stuck in the cosy days when the consumer did not have such a large choice. If their business model is to continue to succeed, then they will have to understand these fundamental and basic changes in customer needs and expectations. Thats all folks.

Latest posts

Back