Liquid foundation, any recommendations? Please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Letz-be-avenue

Registered Shopper
Can anyone on here recommend a good liquid foundation for me, it does not have to be one that Q sells, I have not got brilliant skin (despite all the good skincare) and want one that gives good coverage and stays on all day but not one that makes me appear too caked. I like bare minerałs but just use a little of it to finish my face off, too much of it does me no favours at all. Also like liz Earle skin tint but would prefer something less dewy if you know what i mean, any suggestions much appreciated, thanks,

If your skin is not dry, then go and get colour matched and a sample of YSL Ink Fusion. It has a thin texture and you can build it up for extra coverage where you need. Its long wear. It actually blends quickly with your fingers. Estee Lauder Double Wear is thick on the skin(never tried it myself, but reading it seems those with oily skin and in the 20s love it), if you go to one of their counters seems this it the first one they push.

Clarins also have a long wear one, which is not too drying on the skin.

the thing to do is actually ask them to try it on you, then say you need to walk round and see how it settles. Even if you have to go back the next day,week to buy if you want that is always better.

I went into Boots yesterday and got tested with their machine doodah for foundation and lipstick. I went for the Lift & Luminate (being an old codger) in the recommended colour - I tried it this morning and it's medium coverage (15 spf) and glided on quite nicely...think I'll be buying again...

I've recently been using Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus in colour 01 - I'm porcelain. I use a brush to apply it for a smoother finish and to hide blemishes more. It is truly incredible! Like nothing I've tried before. It actually has the same ingredients in as the Clinque anti-aging skincare of the same name - Repairwear. After a couple of days wearing it, my skin is softer, moisturised, lines and wrinkles faded, colour more even on skin even without makeup. I'm 42 but it makes my skin look like I'm 25 again. It also lasts all day and night and never dries or settles in lines. Perfect foundation with skincare benefits too so a win-win for me. Everyone is different I know, so maybe try to get a sample or go along to a clinque counter and they will let you try it. Good luck :)

One reviewer said about the previous one, yes. But there are still lots of happy people who reviewed. Like you say, we're all different. I was almost put off my the reviews I read elsewhere too, but it was hailed one of the best foundations in some glossy mags so I thought I would risk it. Extremely glad I did. My skin has never looked so good. I don't even need a day moisturiser. Great stuff :)

Thanks for all your tips ladies, think I may give the Clinique one a go used to use one of theirs a while ago and liked that one, so perhaps I should have stayed with it! Will have a nose at no7 as well

Latest posts

Back