Like the Yankee TSV then try Jellybelly

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Graham

Registered Shopper
I normally buy Yankee but love Jellybelly in the car and to eat :) so gave the candles a try over Christmas and I am now a total convert.

<iframe src="http://rcm-uk.amazon.co.uk/e/cm?lt1=_blank&bc1=000000&IS2=1&bg1=FFFFFF&fc1=000000&lc1=0000FF&t=shoppingcom03-21&o=2&p=8&l=as4&m=amazon&f=ifr&ref=ss_til&asins=B0051U3D6M" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://rcm-uk.amazon.co.uk/e/cm?lt1=_blank&bc1=000000&IS2=1&bg1=FFFFFF&fc1=000000&lc1=0000FF&t=shoppingcom03-21&o=2&p=8&l=as4&m=amazon&f=ifr&ref=ss_til&asins=B007ZPZ5RQ" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://rcm-uk.amazon.co.uk/e/cm?lt1=_blank&bc1=000000&IS2=1&bg1=FFFFFF&fc1=000000&lc1=0000FF&t=shoppingcom03-21&o=2&p=8&l=as4&m=amazon&f=ifr&ref=ss_til&asins=B0046ZSLQK" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://rcm-uk.amazon.co.uk/e/cm?lt1=_blank&bc1=000000&IS2=1&bg1=FFFFFF&fc1=000000&lc1=0000FF&t=shoppingcom03-21&o=2&p=8&l=as4&m=amazon&f=ifr&ref=ss_til&asins=B0046ZSLQ0" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://rcm-uk.amazon.co.uk/e/cm?lt1=_blank&bc1=000000&IS2=1&bg1=FFFFFF&fc1=000000&lc1=0000FF&t=shoppingcom03-21&o=2&p=8&l=as4&m=amazon&f=ifr&ref=ss_til&asins=B0046ZSLQA" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I know this is a stupid question, but do they smell just like the sweets?

my friend had one of these and it made me feel quite ill just not very nice will deffo be sticking to yankee as they dont make me ill at all

though everyone may feel different about them as one might make one person ill and not another ect

my friend had one of these and it made me feel quite ill just not very nice will deffo be sticking to yankee as they dont make me ill at all

though everyone may feel different about them as one might make one person ill and not another ect

Slighly extreme dont u think lol ive tried a few and like Yankee there are some really nice smelling ones and some not so nice , i think tesco sell them atm so mayb worth a sniff next time ur there

Slighly extreme dont u think lol ive tried a few and like Yankee there are some really nice smelling ones and some not so nice , i think tesco sell them atm so mayb worth a sniff next time ur there

i know ive smelt a few when shopping for mum and didnt like any, just sharing my experiences with everyone

Some. candles can give you a really bad headache.The type you get when you enter the perfume section in a dept store.

I was lucky enough to stock up on Yankee candles in the sale AND to get two Yankee candles a Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir candle for Christmas. Think all candled out for now.

I made the mistake of burning 2 large Yankee candles at the same time over Xmas (beautiful combination of fragrances) so my 300 hours went down to 150 hours :(

Sat here looking into the hearth and I have 9 large jars,4 medium and 3 small jars in this room alone, I have another 1 large and 2 small jars in the kitchen and 1 large jar in each of the three bedrooms.. I think I am safe to say I won't be buying any candles soon for myself. I did buy my son a couple of jelly belly tins for his flat at Christmas and he seems to like them. I have had the cherry one and found it very sweet like, I much prefer the Yankee black cherry, it seems a bit more grown up...if that's the right term.
Everyone likes different smells, even at different times of year. If anyone finds a good traditional banana one please let me know. I managed to get a retired small banana jar candle which was gorgeous but it's all about gone.boohoo

Tesco had them in tins before Christmas,I think they were two for £6 or £8, tesco extra had the tins and the jars, they are made by wax lyrical which seemed to disappear maybe 8 years or so ago and seem to have been reborn. I have also seen the tins and jars in waitrose.
Tesco extra also had some really nice jar candles but they were more like bowls and the " flavours" were sweet shop,icecream parlour themes. They were quite nice too but not jelly belly

Anyway, you can see all the jelly belly stuff on the wax lyrical website, jars are £10( burn time 60 hrs), tins £5( burn time 16 hrs) and reeds £6

TKMaxx have some great candles. I got some of This Works varieties from there the other week and they are the best I have ever tried. Wouldn't pay full price tho. If you live near one they are worth popping in when they restock

I always fancy trying one of the ones with wooden wickes but they are expensive and have more than one wick so will burn quickly. I think they are called wick wane or something. I might try TK Maxx, thanks

Woodwick are quite nice, but seemed to have been pushed out of stores by Yankee. I am sorry but I do not rate Yankee at all! A friend insists on dragging me into their shop and sniffing. Synthetic and foodie smells are not me. TKMaxx used to have some great deals on candles. Miller Harris, Penhaligons and Armani, I have bought them all in there over the years around £15 or lower. At the moment I am burning SpaceNK candles I bought three in their sale for £20. For me Diptyque are THE candles if you can afford them. Or L'Occitane AOC Lavender is is orgasmic for lavender lovers.

most of my friends who like candles have abandoned yankee for woodwick. i personally don't know anyone who's had problems with them smoking but i've abandoned candles altogether since i realised i have to get most of the house, including ceilings, redecorated.

My mum always buys me wood wick candles for Xmas and I really don't rate them. I like Yankee but I don't use them exclusively, I'm trying some new soy ones at the mo. But I confess I did go for the TSV (because I'm weak).

Latest posts

Back