Laura Geller TSV in the USA today

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Beketaten

Registered Shopper
Wonder if it will ever reach our shores?

Laura Geller 5-piece Supersize Superstar Collection

•0.85-oz Bronze-N-Brighten Supersized Baked Color Correcting Bronzer in Fair or Regular
•0.26-oz Baked Highlighter Duo Supersized in French Vanilla, a smooth sheer beige shade and Golden Rose, a shimmering soft pink
•4-fl oz Spackle Supersized Under Make-up Primer
•Retractable Baked Kabuki Brush
•Double-Ended Face & Eye Applicator

Thinking it's quite likely as the QVC UK buyers are really keen on forcing us to buy Spackle all the time!

945230_10151689645675955_657799391_n.jpg

http://www.qvc.com/webapp/wcs/store...MSG=TSV_OTO_INSTOCK&ddkey=http:TSVItemDisplay

Our next LG TSV is probably in September. Last year it was a long wait from February until September

Oh it's so mean for QVC US to tease us with TSVs like this...and then the UK buyers tweak it into something mediocre and no auto delivery!

"Do something nice for us UK Buyers of QVC for a change! We're all loyal buyers and we only feedback our views to help QVC improve, honest! Go on we deserve it!"

There was a forum mate who talked to Laura on Facebook to confirm what we are getting here in the UK.
What stands out in qvc usa presentation is there's no hysteria.

I agree I often resort to viewing a beauty TSV on the US website where the demos are good and they give the info I might need about a certain product without all the Zeleb name-dropping and hype. Their item descriptions tend to give more product info than ours as well.

Oh it's so mean for QVC US to tease us with TSVs like this...and then the UK buyers tweak it into something mediocre and no auto delivery!

"Do something nice for us UK Buyers of QVC for a change! We're all loyal buyers and we only feedback our views to help QVC improve, honest! Go on we deserve it!"

It's the same with lots of their stuff isn't it?
When I went to look at this TSV, I had a little browse through their jewellery department.
Just looking at the Carolyn Pollack bit, the items were amazing compared to the jewellery we get offered these days. If they offered us things like that, I might be tempted to start buying again!

Oh yes, I really liked presenter’s ring on LG TSV presentation and would get one if I could.
And I enjoyed listening about items, not "jump, jump, jump on the phone" (cringe).

Last edited:
I asked LG on facebook, this is her reply:
Hi Marina, The Signature Superstars collection is not going to be offered on QVC UK. However, in July we have a very special collection that I know you are all going to love! Stay connected with me on my website for show dates/times: http://www.laurageller.com/tvschedule. xoxo, Laura

I really REALLY wish someone with insider knowlegde on how these things work would just explain for once and for all how they decide what to bring to the UK/why some sets are smaller different/why we don't we get some sets at all. There may be a perfectly valid reason, it may be a stupid reason. But at least if we knew the reason we could save ourselves the constant dissappointment in seeing what the US gets for various brands and then always feeling like the poor relation getting something different. Back in the days before t'internet they could 'get away' with stuff like this but now we're all savvy and can see what's going on. it's very frustrating.

It always feels like we're being fobbed off with a lesser item, smaller, more boring, leftovers from better offers in the US, no matter how they dress it up as " a very special collection."

Obviously we're less valued customers, our money isn't as good as theirs or it's yet another example of Rip Off Britain. They do it as they know they can get away with it. It's the same with the jewellery, we get the boring bits.
They don't listen to our complaints. Perhaps the only way they might listen is if everyone just stopped ordering these boring collections but that isn't going to happen cos not everyone who watches & buys comes on here.

I assume the UK buyers tell Laura Geller what they want in a set for a TSV, set the price and negotiate with the LG company how much "value" to offer. I suspect if QVC US have leftover TSVs or auto-delivery drops, then QVC UK will get a better price for them - though we'll still pay the usual £29 or £36 TSV price and the difference goes in the QVC UK coffers and the buyers get a glowing annual appraisal, everyone's happy! Er not really! We can so easily see what US customers are offered, we do get the feeling we're just offered left-overs or second best.

Latest posts

Back