Laura Geller EU/USA different ingredients lists

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

K

Kat73

Guest Shopper
Look, I realise that there are different Regulations that the EU imposes and the USA doesn't and vice versa, but I have just received my little set today with the berry blush, passion fruit gloss and mini concealer with the new York taxi bag. I like it and will keep it but I had a look at the ingredients list. In the USA the blush has titanium dioxide, ours does not. We have parabens and they do not. Legal issues aside, if a product is made in Italy, why on earth don't they make the product the same. Wouldn't it be cheaper? I am no chemist, but given that the products are not cheap, just who is getting the cheaper quality product? I'm not fussed about SPF, our climate is different to LA and NY and I use ultra sun when I need to anyway, but it's the other stuff that puzzles me a little.

That's interesting Kat. I think the USA have even stricter rules than us on skincare/cosmetic ingredientsbut I might be wrong.

On a slightly different note but still related, I've just read the instructions on back of TSV spackle and it says "Prime pump several times to initiate product flow etc...." but it is a tube not a pump dispenser! Could that be why it was included in the TSV instead of champagne one - they realised they had so many of the original version with wrong instructions printed on them.

Sounds like you have an older version of the blush. Laura has been removing parabens from her range so if it still shows on the kit then its an older one. The yellow taxi bag was on air when Laura first appeared on QVC UK. Parabens are not banned in the US.

I know on US beauty boards they beg for people here to custom buy for them are sun creams which they say are far superior for sun protection to the versions in the US.

Sounds like they've re-formulated and passed on the old stock to us. Totally reprehensible - I'd send it back if I were you.

@LoveLizEarlestuff I think the USA have even stricter rules than us on skincare/cosmetic ingredientsbut I might be wrong.

It's weird, really, and a bit inconsistent: the US can be fussy about some stuff, but terribly lax about other ingredients. The EU is a good watchdog for this type of thing, hence what donna said about US women on their beauty boards wanting stuff from Europe. Not everything is better in the US, believe me!

... although it seems like the Laura Geller stuff is better in the US at the moment! A terrible irony Kat73, given her stuff seems to be made in Italy.

Thanks to you all for help and comments. Tis a mystery. The leaflet goes on about LG products being parabens free, but turn the page and read the USA ingredients and then the EU ingredients and the leaflet contradicts itself! The product and packaging is quite clearly brand spanking new, "old" stock has a certain look to it IMO. The little taxi bag is a brand new size and design (I already have the previous one.) I collect the little LG bags as I both love the brand and love New York, having got engages there. A make up bag with a New York taxi on it and I'm sold! I have tried the blusher and it has the same texture, glow and feel that my other LG blushers do (honey dipped and pink grapefruit) the concealer is just fantastic, better than any other I have ever tried and the lipgloss is a fab shade and texture. I will keep it, but wishing I had Facebook so I could ask Laura or the person who deals with her Facebook page for her. But I don't want to join Facebook just for that! By the was the set was supposed to be "new today on QVC" when I ordered it on Wednesday.

I don't know if this will help but its just my two penny worth. Having worked in the pharmaceutical industry for a US owned company (a while ago now), although the basic formulation of a particular drug was the same, there was so much to change for the FDA, including areas such as colouring, they were very strict on the quality of what they approved, whereas the UK wasn't as fussy. My overall opinion is that products are 'watered down' for the UK. Even the Avon products are formulated differently (and much better quality, richer consistency and colours better) than they are here in UK. The pain-killers that are available over the counter in US are definitely stronger and of a more advanced formulation than we can get here. Having said all that I have been out of the industry for a while now and things could have changed (but having shopped in both countries recently, I don't think anything has changed).

Well, at least it seems to be new stock and you're happy enough to keep it, so that's ok. But, I do think it's wrong to be selling us the different ingredients - it should be standard across the board. Cosmetics companies do re-formulate in light of new evidence about ingredients / customer responses, so in my experience, I'm more used to the issue being getting palmed off with old stock in cases like this, so this does indeed seem odd. I'm with you on the Facebook thing as well: I've found myself wanting to check out their pages, but don't like that you have to join it.

Oooh Kat73! Me want ... me need ... me must have! Ppppuhleeze, what's the number for that LG set? The make-up bag in the last TSV was great-'felt just right'. Gosh, I am amazed at how many Views that thread generated-she's very popular. Thanks in advance, you're a star and so says Snarly.

I've just got the B&B with SPF 15. In the US ingredients, among others it includes Titanium Dioxide, which I thought was the main SPF ingredient. It's not there in the EU ingredients, so what's providing the sun screen, I wonder? I've given the ingredients below, in case any of our chemists know the answer.

All a bit scary-sounding - do I really want to put all of this on my face?? :sweat:

US: Mica, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Nylon-12, Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxide (Cl 77492), Sodium Dehydroacetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Ethylhexy Methoxycinnamate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT, Chromium Oxide Greens (Cl 77288), Lauroyl Lysine, Iron Oxide (Cl 77491), Red (Cl 15850), Iron Oxide (Cl 77499), Tin Oxide, Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Extract

EU: Mica, Talc, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil, Ethylhexy Methoxycinnamate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocoperyl Acetate, BHT, Lauroyl Lysine, Tin Oxide, Camellia Sinensis Extract, Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract Cl 77891, Cl77492, Cl77288, Cl77491, Cl 15850, Cl 77499

Latest posts

Back