Larger model on Nina Leonard

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitesnake

Registered Shopper
There is a new larger model on the Nina Leonard show called Sophia! I think she was also on the Tiana B show late last night. She is really pretty but the stylists are dressing her in some hideous unflattering outfits and making the poor girl look absolutely ridiculous. Last night she was sausaged nto an awful dress which did not fit and put a slim model next to her in a different colour that clearly fit her properly. What are the stylists trying to achieve other than making a poor girl look silly, l cannot think it would entice anyone larger, myself included, into buying an outfit from QVC!

Totally agree with this. I saw that too. She was poured into a purple skater type dress, and certainly no self respecting larger gal would want to look as she did.

The stylists backstage need to get a grip - surely there must be a monitor backstage so they can see what the girls look like and what they are doing on the catwalk. They made Joy practically a laughing stock, and now this much younger poor girl is being made to look disastrous too. I would imagine the models have to do this or they wont get the work, - I wouldn't last long, I would turn around and say 'are you serious ?' look at the state of me in this !

She is a real pretty young lady...but made to look silly by the so called stylist/dresser... they need sacking, along with the fashion buyers.

I saw her sausaged into that Tiana B dress and the poor girl didn't look well next to a thin model wearing a dress that actually fitted her. Who do these stylists think they're kidding? Certainly no-one I know would spend good money to look like that, whatever their size. That model is attractive and needs to show the clothes that actually suit her shape and she'd look stunning. I agree - sack the "stylists". I'm putting that in inverted commas because they obviously haven't a clue about styling anyone's body shape so I doubt they've been trained for the job. Tiana B clothes aren't made for tall women. I would never wear them because I know I'd look ridiculous in them and I'm tall. Why do these "stylists" seem to think that all fat women want to wear skin-tight above-the-knee clothes?

PS In my dictionary, fat isn't marked as obscene. Yet.

She is a real pretty young lady...but made to look silly by the so called stylist/dresser... they need sacking, along with the fashion buyers.

Wow - I thought so too. The stylists seem to be sleeping on the job at the moment...

I saw her sausaged into that Tiana B dress and the poor girl didn't look well next to a thin model wearing a dress that actually fitted her. Who do these stylists think they're kidding? Certainly no-one I know would spend good money to look like that, whatever their size. That model is attractive and needs to show the clothes that actually suit her shape and she'd look stunning. I agree - sack the "stylists". I'm putting that in inverted commas because they obviously haven't a clue about styling anyone's body shape so I doubt they've been trained for the job. Tiana B clothes aren't made for tall women. I would never wear them because I know I'd look ridiculous in them and I'm tall. Why do these "stylists" seem to think that all fat women want to wear skin-tight above-the-knee clothes?

PS In my dictionary, fat isn't marked as obscene. Yet.

On the Tiana B OTO last night the plus size model - Simone was squeezed into a too-small dress and looked both uncomfortable and ridiculous. Next to her was Amanda who, in my opinion, is painfully thin and extremely pale - so I have to disagree that the dress fitted her. They should have had Simone in a bigger size modelling the taupe, and given Amanda a bit of colour in the royal blue (but in a size that fit, if such a thing even exists!). All through the hour they had Amanda in stuff that was wrong for her colouring and looked baggy and shapeless, and Simone in the colours which would have looked better on Amanda in a size too small. Honestly, I despair!

And the stylist lady they had with Charlie presenting the Tiana B hour said, with a perfectly straight face, that Simone in the dress showed how fantastic a plus size looks in Tiana B!!!!! Maybe - if it's the right size...

Time and again, normally because of their rigid size policies (standard models get a S which is usually 10 or 12; plus size seem to normally get XL), and their determination to show the stock they have most of (because it's so obvious that it's what you see modelled that sells most and fastest) you have models in inappropriate sizes and not showing the clothing to best effect. Given how dodgy some of their fashion looks (I'm being charitable here because I have bought and been happy with some QVC fashion, as have others posting here), some of the styling needs to be re-thought.

Sooo agree that Tiana B are rubbish for anyone over 5'5. They are determined to stick rigidly to their sizing (as are Ronni Nicole) and refuse to lengthen their clothes. I sent for an 18 and 20 of the leopard print with the bottom black band - sent both back, I looked like a geriatric schoolgirl, but would have been ok with black tights I guess - which would have made the schoolgirl look even more so ! I've been blessed with slim legs, but anyone with sturdier legs like the young plus size model - and also Catherine the model, these dresses are a no no.

Latest posts

Back