Kelly Hoppen vs Northern Nights Bedding

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DiamondW

Registered Shopper
Hi all, can anyone advise which you think is better, I have some NN bedding probably around the 300TC from a year or so ago and find it is not that easy to iron, I want to buy a couple of sets around 600-800TC and can't find any that high TC on the high street. Which do people think is the better quality bedding Kelly Hoppen or NN thnx :grin:

NN TSV's are invariably made in China and suffer as a result. The last KH TSV (the bedspread) was all made in China, same problem.

I think if you go for the cheapest in the range you're likely to be disappointed with either. I've had NN sets (not flannel) for several years, washed the hell out of them and they're still nice. Haven't had KH linen so can't comment but I doubt that it's any easier on the ironing front.

Egyptian cotton bedding that is made in Egypt is supposed to be the best, some of the cheaper stuff uses Egyptian cotton but the items are made elsewhere. I bought some NN 600TC sheets a few years back and they have worn well, still like new. Unlike the flannel which bobbled so much I had to chuck it after a couple of months. Not had any KH.

It's a bit of a mystery with Hoppen as not all her business interests are Ltd Cos where obviously the files accounts are a public record.

christie do lovely 400 plus thread count and house of fraser always have half price sales still a lot more expensive than qvc nn i have had two sets all horrid so dont buy them anymore. they also crease like mad i suspect nn qvc make the kh stuff

Have NN bedding always been made in China? Just wondering.

I have some cotton Dorma Bedding that I purchased from House of Fraser over 15 years ago, jaquard creamy gold colour and it looks as good as new and never needs ironing! It cost over £200 I remember but I use it again and again in my guest room. I also have a 100% cotton gorgeous duvet set that I bought from south africa about 13 years ago in a lovely african design (wish I had bought another) and that is the most beautiful soft cotton that does not need ironing as you can just fold and smooth it. What I want to know is, why does some cotton crease and others dont? I bought a Collier Campbell duvet from La Q a month or so ago , put it on the bed and it was quite creased so thought I would wash it and do a gentle tumble and it came out so badly creased like a bit of rag, just would not iron out - I sent it back I'm afraid as I just did not think it was the quality of my Dorma. I have NN flannel on the bed at the moment which is fine but my cotton NN I rarely use as its a bit of a nuisance having to iron it and tend to go for my easy care options! Lazy - that me! lol

The higher priced NN stuff is made in Portugal.

It may all have the NN branding but its sourced from various places.

I have both NN and KH bedding and i think they are both much of a muchness (is that a word) he he.

I would say they are both probably made by QVC. Both are difficult to iron. I have a presser which i use

to iron sheets, its absolutely brill and wouldnt be without it. I also have the old flannel from NN and never

iron it, just give it a quick shake. Even queen of the sheets Suzy doesn't iron flannel LOL

Flip how many times can a person say"both" ....... lots

the high end high thread count is treated so does not crease like qvc nn stuff. i was so shocked at how ragged it looks. never had to iron bedding in my life until i bought nn. i have some nn flannel from prtugal the heavy weight one and its one of my fav bedding sets. quality bedding lasts forever 20/30 yeras and does improve with age. cheap stuff looks tired quicly,has cheap dyes and creases

the high end high thread count is treated so does not crease like qvc nn stuff. i was so shocked at how ragged it looks. never had to iron bedding in my life until i bought nn. i have some nn flannel from prtugal the heavy weight one and its one of my fav bedding sets. quality bedding lasts forever 20/30 yeras and does improve with age. cheap stuff looks tired quicly,has cheap dyes and creases

I agree boffy. I hate the look of creased bedding, so would have to iron BUT much prefer to buy quality bedding that does not need it.

Latest posts

Back