Jumpsuits

• Thread starter Deleted member 21102
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 21102

Guest Shopper
I bought a reduced price Kim & Co jumpsuit something like this one but in a plain colour a while ago and got it out of the cupboard just now to try on. Big mistake. Unless I had a stomach like an ironing board, I couldn't wear it and looked six months pregnant and it was creased, into the bargain, despite hanging. Do jumpsuits in general suit anyone here? I like the idea of one but it obviously isn't for me. OTOH, I also rescued a viscose Tesco dress which is classy and casual and which wouldn't have cost the earth.

As you can see, it's wardrobe clearout time again. But who can get away with a jumpsuit and if so, what style is it and what to look out for?

I bought a reduced price Kim & Co jumpsuit something like this one but in a plain colour a while ago and got it out of the cupboard just now to try on. Big mistake. Unless I had a stomach like an ironing board, I couldn't wear it and looked six months pregnant and it was creased, into the bargain, despite hanging. Do jumpsuits in general suit anyone here? I like the idea of one but it obviously isn't for me. OTOH, I also rescued a viscose Tesco dress which is classy and casual and which wouldn't have cost the earth.

As you can see, it's wardrobe clearout time again. But who can get away with a jumpsuit and if so, what style is it and what to look out for?
I've never fancied one but I have a friend who has a couple and they suit her. She is about 5ft 4 and quite curvy but she looks good in hers. They are not from QVC.

I tried this one a while back, bought a 3XL in black. But was far to big around the chest so was returned next day. Supposed to be a 48” and I’m generally look for a 50” top to accommodate my GG bazoomas.
I’m 5’8” and 16 bottom half and 20/22 top depending and to be fair it looked OK and very slimming and trust me I’m very judgemental on how I look.

I`m tall and broad shouldered but have no bum and long legs. I have 2 jumpsuits but only tend to use them on holiday. One is a tie dye fabric, cross over front and elasticated waist, cropped length and is easy to get in and out of and the fabric is light so its ok for daytime. I got it for £15 in a sale but they`ve brought it back again this year so it must have been popular. It`s this one
The other jumpsuit is more dressy and I`ve only worn it once, it`s navy with palazzo style full length trouser bottoms, blouson top and diamantes around the neck but its a bugger to get in and out of for trips to the loo because it fastens at the back. It`s similar to this one but once again I bought it in a sale and paid about £18 for it.

At least Q don`t sell these.
jumpsuits.jpg

Thank you all so much for the advice and examples. On looking at my one dire jumpsuit purchase, it's not the same as the one I linked before because it doesn't have a waistband, just shirred elastic, it's pretty short-waisted and is balloon-shaped on the legs - obviously not my look, especially as I'm a barrel in disguise! So in future I'll make sure any jumpsuit I might buy has got a waistband and straight or wide legs. And on a sale.

I did 'buy' into the hype that jumpsuits suit everyone. Well, I just look enormous in the plain, and like a walking sofa in the prints. I think it had more to do with the fabric - the dreaded poly/elastene.

However, I tried again with a linen mix jobby which is a more tailored one from Sahara - perfect. But I don't drink too much before wearing it - for obvious reasons.

Well according to my statement (see other thread) back in March 2011 I purchased a Kim & Co jumpsuit in Gunmetal grey. I have absolutely no recollection of this whatsoever!
Probably purchased after wine o'clock. I will never add up my QVC purchases as I could probably have bought a Bentley instead.

CC

My probs with the poly/elastene variety is they are so 'slippery'. I'd love to know how others navigate public toilets in them. Trying to keep the jumpsuit off the floor while 'doing the business' is like trying to wear a silk scarf around the shoulders - it just doesn't 'stay put'. And I'm not wanting to pull up a j/suit after its wiped the floor of a public toilet.

I`m tall and broad shouldered but have no bum and long legs. I have 2 jumpsuits but only tend to use them on holiday. One is a tie dye fabric, cross over front and elasticated waist, cropped length and is easy to get in and out of and the fabric is light so its ok for daytime. I got it for £15 in a sale but they`ve brought it back again this year so it must have been popular. It`s this one
The other jumpsuit is more dressy and I`ve only worn it once, it`s navy with palazzo style full length trouser bottoms, blouson top and diamantes around the neck but its a bugger to get in and out of for trips to the loo because it fastens at the back. It`s similar to this one but once again I bought it in a sale and paid about £18 for it.
My sister once insisted that I accompany her to the loos at a “do” for this reason.
Whilst I was waiting for her to emerge I was pressed into service by 2 other jumpsuit wearers, neither of whom I knew; but needs must.

I have worn a few jumpsuits over the years - mainly in my teens and early twenties, though I'd say they were more of a boiler suit style and were in non clingy natural fabrics. I think some of Kim's gaucho style jumpsuits look quite cute, but other than that I don't see the point. With some of the styles it's pretty much impossible to tell whether you're wearing trousers and a shirt or top, so in my mind you'd be better off buying separates, as they're more versatile and you don't have to struggle every time you need to use the toilet.

I’ve never understood why instead of a jumpsuit they don’t produce separates which fit like a JS but without the loo difficulties. This would also help if you are not the same size top and bottom. Probably cost megabucks knowing Q

All in one garments have their pitfalls. I still have grim memories of fastening and unfastening bodysuits when these were ubiquitous in the mid 90's.
My last jumpsuit was a lovely idea but a logistical nightmare in the bathroom.

I’ve had a couple in my time and always liked them. I’m small but quite busty and I look short waisted if I tuck a top in. I always wear tops loose but jumpsuits somehow work and give me a different look. Not so great though for going to the loo more often as the years tick by!
What is short waisted? Wondered if I was?

What is short waisted? Wondered if I was?
I've always been fascinated by the balance of body proportions, especially our forearms being the length of our feet & our 'wingspan' being pretty much our height. So the size of our hands determines our waist position, mine is balanced.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back